Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Last night my 1st 2 EE babies hatched & another zipping now!!! I bought a pullet at a swap awhile back, and grabbed her 1st 4 eggs when she started laying for me and was still in quarantine! Sell them, & she's free!!! Lol

Would love opinions on the gender of my easter eggers! They are 5 weeks today. My guesses are chicks 1-4 are male and chicks 6-7 are female, but what do you think??

Chick 1-faster feathering ,white, larger comb, bigger body

Chick 2- Slow feathering, white (head still downy)

Chick 3- Dark orange patches coming in on shoulders

Chick 4- Partridge, larger comb.

Chick 5- Largest comb of all- but this chick had a Black Australorp mommy and an Easter Egger daddy.

Chick 6- Darker in color, but the color is more even on head and shoulders. Smaller comb.

Chick 7- Lighter in color, smallest comb

Would love opinions on the gender of my easter eggers! They are 5 weeks today. My guesses are chicks 1-4 are male and chicks 6-7 are female, but what do you think??

Chick 1-faster feathering ,white, larger comb, bigger body

Chick 2- Slow feathering, white (head still downy)

Chick 3- Dark orange patches coming in on shoulders

Chick 4- Partridge, larger comb.

Chick 5- Largest comb of all- but this chick had a Black Australorp mommy and an Easter Egger daddy.

Chick 6- Darker in color, but the color is more even on head and shoulders. Smaller comb.

Chick 7- Lighter in color, smallest comb
I think they are all roosters except for the bottom picture.

lcvedder-

#1 looks more like a pullet to me??
#2 cockerel
#3 cockerel
#4 probably cockerel
#5 that's quite a comb! probably cockerel
#6 and #7 probably pullets

Hope you can update in a week or 2 to let us know.

Last edited:
lcvedder-

#1 looks more like a pullet to me??
#2 cockerel
#3 cockerel
#4 probably cockerel
#5 that's quite a comb! probably cockerel
#6 and #7 probably pullets

Hope you can update in a week or 2 to let us know.
x 2, except no guess on #5 black australorp mix. The large comb could be due to the mother australorp.

Hi. I have my first two EEs. They are about 4 weeks old. One has a larger comb than the other. One is a rich red-brown color and the one with the larger comb is more of a light tan and black. What do you all think? Here's two pics of each.

Many of the silver based ones don't ever get any red on them at all, so you can't always go by that.  It is the large patches of white on the wings that tend to show males, but I have seen a couple of pullets posted on here that look like that too.  I think black coming in on the breast also shows male.  (I don't have first hand experience with this color.)

A few picks from this week

Back
Top Bottom