Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Here is my 8 1/2 week old fingers crossed girls. My neighbor things they are Roos, please tell me he is wrong. The Blue/Grey is the one that is really in question. So I didn't take that many that are not blurry of the partridge color. #1 #2
Both are pullets. I have 2 that look exactly like #1 (one grown and one 12 weeks old) and #2 is classic pullet coloring.

No.. her body type, feathers r jst like all my other pullets. Its her comb tht concerns me- def doesn't look like Adrian, but is a bit larger than the othrs. However, I have a Maran roo tht acts & has a similar body shape 2 Adrian. Darcy acts like the pullets. Keeping fingers crossed!!

Here is my 8 1/2 week old fingers crossed girls. My neighbor things they are Roos, please tell me he is wrong. The Blue/Grey is the one that is really in question. So I didn't take that many that are not blurry of the partridge color.

I think this is a pullet. I had one very similar and the orange first started on the shoulders and I got scared but then it spread to an overall pattern. Shes a very pretty gal now.

Thanks you everyone, I just think she is so beautiful, that I will cry if I can't keep her. My neighbor told me to keep "HIM" and he wouldn't tell on me. So hopefully she will just stay a she!

Thanks so much, yeah that last one has that grey looking comb too? Different, but I like it.

You're welcome! :) Yeah, I noticed that- that is so cool! I wonder if her comb will stay that way! You should send her this way ;) Hehe. My Australorp had black tips on her comb (not frostbite of course!) but I haven't paid attention whether she still has them or not! I think they're fading :p

Here is my 8 1/2 week old fingers crossed girls. My neighbor things they are Roos, please tell me he is wrong. The Blue/Grey is the one that is really in question. So I didn't take that many that are not blurry of the partridge color.

I definitely think they'e pullets. Only weird thing is the first one's stance.. For her age, her comb is very small and light so that's one of the main reason I lean away from her being a rooster. I hope she.. 'remains a pullet'! But she does remind me a lot of my Lotus- who is a pullet- the black head, gray feathers mostly, and the orange on the shoulders ;)

I wonder if they looked similar as babies too?
Was the first one brown as a baby? Lotus was! But she slowly turned gray with hints of blue, with a black head and .. she's just constantly changing color. I wonder what they'll all look like full grown!

Hello I'm new here just reading what everyone is talking about. I've got 4 black sex links, 3 Columbian, 3 barred rocks andall those I know they are girl's. But I also have 4 americanas that we got from a farmer. I think 3 are females and one is the boy. This one likes to get up on the fence and roost he also will go farther out than the other three and if he goes the other three will follow him some times.No crowing yet so we are still unsure. They are two weeks younger than the other ten and they are two months now. So in a couple of weeks my ee will be two months as well. The only reason I think he is a he is that he will flare out his feathers at the other girls if they do it to him.

Hello I'm new here just reading what everyone is talking about. I've got 4 black sex links, 3 Columbian, 3 barred rocks andall those I know they are girl's. But I also have 4 americanas that we got from a farmer. I think 3 are females and one is the boy. This one likes to get up on the fence and roost he also will go farther out than the other three and if he goes the other three will follow him some times.No crowing yet so we are still unsure. They are two weeks younger than the other ten and they are two months now. So in a couple of weeks my ee will be two months as well. The only reason I think he is a he is that he will flare out his feathers at the other girls if they do it to him.

Both genders flare hackles. That's a chicken behavior, not rooster-specific at all. In fact, the lead of the flock (the boldest chick, at this point) will act like the leader which looks very much like rooster behavior but really, it's leader in training behavior. I have four chicks in the grow-out and the leader has been obvious since I brought them home (3 days old). She is absolutely female but bold and commanding. Also unaware that she's the smallest. She's beginning to challenge adults for position at ten weeks old!

Post some pictures!

You're welcome! :) Yeah, I noticed that- that is so cool! I wonder if her comb will stay that way! You should send her this way ;) Hehe. My Australorp had black tips on her comb (not frostbite of course!) but I haven't paid attention whether she still has them or not! I think they're fading :p

I definitely think they'e pullets. Only weird thing is the first one's stance.. For her age, her comb is very small and light so that's one of the main reason I lean away from her being a rooster. I hope she.. 'remains a pullet'! But she does remind me a lot of my Lotus- who is a pullet- the black head, gray feathers mostly, and the orange on the shoulders ;)

I wonder if they looked similar as babies too?
Was the first one brown as a baby? Lotus was! But she slowly turned gray with hints of blue, with a black head and .. she's just constantly changing color. I wonder what they'll all look like full grown!
Nope #1 was a grey looking chipmunk as a chick, and the #2 was a brown looking chipmunk.

sillycmoy, here is a pic of my Black Beard as a 14ish week old pullet. She started getting orange on her wings at around 12 weeks and now lays a lovely blue egg.
smile.png
Had me guessing right up until that first squat!

Back
Top Bottom