Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Yes, thank you. This makes me very happy because I think the black one is beautiful. I need to work on my EE sexing skills-or totally lack there of. Hopefully, I'll get better with more experience. I am grateful to you experienced folks more than you'll ever know. And so thankful for BYC!

It really is amazing how far we've come in such a short time just by sharing. When I first posted my 3-week suspected EE cockerel, few had any idea why I was concerned. And now, those same photos would be met with a unanimous cockerel vote from the more experienced crowd rather than the suggestion to wait for crowing or eggs.

I have a 6-7 week (I think) EE that I bought from the local feed store. They were supposed to be sexed, but I think I may have gotten a roo. Could you experts weigh in and let me know what you think? Thanks so much for your help since I'm new to this.

I've got a similarly colored *girl* (fingers crossed). Still has a little chick-fuzz, but I'm concerned about the darker color on her wings... I sure hope I can keep saying its "dark brown" and not "red." She's about 8 weeks. No redness in her comb at all... here's hoping!

Hi all!
We are newbies and though we're learning a lot from all of you, we have very little confidence in our ability to sex our 11 week old easter eggers. Looking for some confident gender determinations with these 4. Do we need closer photos of their faces? Hoping this helpful, knowledgeable crowd can assist!

#1 Looks so roo to us...

#2 We're thinking also roo?

#3 Seems pullet to us based on what we've read...

#4 We're hoping pullet but are not at all sure on this one...

Looking forward to your votes!

I've got a similarly colored *girl* (fingers crossed). Still has a little chick-fuzz, but I'm concerned about the darker color on her wings... I sure hope I can keep saying its "dark brown" and not "red." She's about 8 weeks. No redness in her comb at all... here's hoping!

Yours looks like a pullet as well
smile.png
You're right, comb is small and that coloring is not the kind of red you'd see on a cockerel

If someone could help me figure out if these are male or female I would be very grateful. I have three 11 week old EEs. The second picture is of one that has big feathers coming in, the others don't have big feathers coming in yet. Thanks

Those are definitely pullets. Notice that the patterns evenly flow down the body. Their colors are muted browns, greys, and oranges. There is no deep red on the wings. Their combs are not very large or very red.

Hi all!
We are newbies and though we're learning a lot from all of you, we have very little confidence in our ability to sex our 11 week old easter eggers. Looking for some confident gender determinations with these 4. Do we need closer photos of their faces? Hoping this helpful, knowledgeable crowd can assist!

#1 Looks so roo to us...

Roo, roo, pullet, pullet.
If someone could help me figure out if these are male or female I would be very grateful. I have three 11 week old EEs. The second picture is of one that has big feathers coming in, the others don't have big feathers coming in yet. Thanks

All pullets.

Those are definitely pullets. Notice that the patterns evenly flow down the body. Their colors are muted browns, greys, and oranges. There is no deep red on the wings. Their combs are not very large or very red.
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!! Oh that is so nice to know !Whew I was worried there for a bit . This is my first time with this breed so I couldn't tell! I wanted all my EE to be pullets
wee.gif

Hi all!

#1 Looks so roo to us...

You picked up more on it than you thought! You're right on the money with your guesses :)

All girls :)

Back
Top Bottom