Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I have 6 EE in my back bedroom (right beside where we are sitting), I had to isolate one for an scratch on his/her neck. They are 4 weeks old. I have his coop right beside those of his batch but he is having a fit... I separated him yesterday and put some medicine one the scratch because there was blood showing and I was fearful of pecking by others... Other that sleeping with this little fellow...what in the world can I do..???? He is so unhappy and so vocal about it too! LOL He is breaking my heart!

I have 6 EE in my back bedroom (right beside where we are sitting), I had to isolate one for an scratch on his/her neck. They are 4 weeks old. I have his coop right beside those of his batch but he is having a fit... I separated him yesterday and put some medicine one the scratch because there was blood showing and I was fearful of pecking by others... Other that sleeping with this little fellow...what in the world can I do..???? He is so unhappy and so vocal about it too! LOL He is breaking my heart!
they hate to be alone at this age. two things i would recommend One: add another chick in with it (one of the more calmer ones). two: keep it in a dark room/area. when it's dark they instinctively go into a trance like state.

Last edited:
Def over 2 weeks, they had been at the feed store for at least 2 1/2 to 3 weeks when I got them. Will post more pics tomorrow, the chests and backs are starting to feather now. Taking pics is hard with these as they are so skittish! I have been trying to feed them out of my hand and gently get them used to me being near them, but I guess from being in the bin for a couple weeks at the feed store and people trying to catch them and all they are very flighty! My last 4 chicks were very friendly after the initial day. Once they learned who was feeding them they were my buddies.

Last edited:
they hate to be alone at this age. two things i would recommend One: add another chick tin with him (one of the more calmer ones). two: keep him in a dark room/area. when it's dark they instinctively go into a trance like state.
You have any blu-kote? Just be careful with it, it stains everything it touches, but it stops pecking by hiding the red.

You have any blu-kote? Just be careful with it, it stains everything it touches, but it stops pecking by hiding the red.
Thank you ever so much...after you said that, I remembered reading about it on here...I have learned so much but on the spur of the moment, I couldn't remember anything except to separate that little chick. I got him out and held him in a towel..he did get quiet and went to sleep !

Baileyboy, I think you posted in the wrong place. You'll want to start a new thread to get help IDing breeds. When you do, I'd also suggest including info about where you got the chicks to narrow down possibilities.

Good morning!! Pretty sure I've got a rooster here...I go back and forth from 100% positive that it is to not so sure. So what do you guys think?? 6 weeks old...

Last edited:
LOLOLOL.............you said it !!! I got the blue-kote and put it on him. He's back in the cage with the others.. They knew there was something on his neck though. They would try to peck it but then shake their head and looked like the tried to wipe it in the grass. Even he would reach down than play with it.. But you can sure tell which ones peck.....their beak has a blue tip. (of course my fingers are blue also!! We will see how it works...I think he's a little cockrel the way he acts...He will peck back and he and another chick face off sometimes. Thank you for the advice. Now I will keep it on hand. But next time, I will wear gloves for sure...LOL

Back
Top Bottom