Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

thanks so much....they will be 10 weeks on next Tuesday

I agree!..except with #2. I think #2 is a roo. I think I see that dark red coming in on wings and comb looks really red for 9 weeks... I'd be interested in seeing how #3 turns out. I'm a little on the fence with that one. But leaning more towards pullet.
(edited to include jtbass)

Last edited:
Here's some photos of my Easter Eggers from a couple of days ago. Amazing how much they've grown! :D Still thinking my black and white one may be a roo. Not sure on the gold one.

thanks so much....they will be 10 weeks on next Tuesday
Were these a straight run hatch? Just curious if we are expecting some males (although a BYC friend hatched 9 pullets from 10 eggs, so it can happen!).

Do you think you can get some more pics of #2 and #3? There might be some tell tale clues we could not see. Those two are confusing.

Here's some photos of my Easter Eggers from a couple of days ago. Amazing how much they've grown! :D Still thinking my black and white one may be a roo. Not sure on the gold one.

Except for the gold one, all of them are girls. The gold one needs more time to tell. Right now, it does not look girly enough to be sure.

@polarbearpilot , yea. I'm really unsure of the gold one yet. It and the black and white one act roo-ish. He also has a very well developed 3 row pea comb like the black and white one. Neither have turned more than a light shade of pink yet...All the others are still yellow.

@Kathryn P , here are a few pics of him/her the other day. I'm leaning towards roo right now, unless he ends up laying an egg in the future xD. I really want him to be a roo haha.

Dare I hope this is really a pullet? I forgot to take a pic of the legs, but they are not thick.

Back
Top Bottom