Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

These are my 3 EE'ers.. #1 is Nosy....she is the oldest and does the mothering/etc, Love her personality,,so sweet. Then you see #2 which I haven't named because I'm going to rehome him,,,,note the red patches on his wings...well he's older and has more red....#3 I'm calling a him also...not only looks the part of a roo, he now acts like a roo. He is only 4-5 mo old and I saw him mounting my 'Nosey'...my EE! He has to go!!! Does everyone agree or have any other suggestions??? #1

Can anyone take a guess at the two 6 week old Easter Eggers? The light grey one pictured in the first two photos has been a real subject of debate for us. He / She has a much broader head than the other and does some sparring with the other known roosters we have but is also the sweetest chicken of them all. The darker grey/ brownish one in the 3rd and 4th picture we are almost certain is a girl but if anyone could offer a guess I would appreciate it!
smile.png

I think they're both pullets.
smile.png

These are my 3 EE'ers.. #1 is Nosy....she is the oldest and does the mothering/etc, Love her personality,,so sweet. Then you see #2 which I haven't named because I'm going to rehome him,,,,note the red patches on his wings...well he's older and has more red....#3 I'm calling a him also...not only looks the part of a roo, he now acts like a roo. He is only 4-5 mo old and I saw him mounting my 'Nosey'...my EE! He has to go!!! Does everyone agree or have any other suggestions??? #1

I saw your first post, but couldn't tell for sure from the pics. Do they have any saddle feathers coming in? Are they crowing yet? Usually there is crowing before mounting, and some pullets will mount to show dominance. You are probably right about them being cockerels because of the red, but there is something about them that makes me wonder. Not sure exactly why.
idunno.gif
Just being wishy washy I guess.

They are the one in the middle (just right of the black pair) and the almost white on far right? When I enlarged the pic, they did look boyish with those tails, but if the darker one is 4-5 months, it should have saddles and be crowing. Think I'd wait for crowing or eggs.

I saw your first post, but couldn't tell for sure from the pics. Do they have any saddle feathers coming in? Are they crowing yet? Usually there is crowing before mounting, and some pullets will mount to show dominance. You are probably right about them being cockerels because of the red, but there is something about them that makes me wonder. Not sure exactly why.
idunno.gif
Just being wishy washy I guess.

They are the one in the middle (just right of the black pair) and the almost white on far right? When I enlarged the pic, they did look boyish with those tails, but if the darker one is 4-5 months, it should have saddles and be crowing. Think I'd wait for crowing or eggs.
Thank you....have not heard a peep from either that sounded like the were trying to crow...I'll take an up to date pict of the pair.... I could't believe when I saw that one mount....all I could think of was that he was too young for that. He kind of separates himself for the most part...like he's the lookout!

Back
Top Bottom