Sapphire Gems: Boy & Girl? Updated Photos!

NewYorkMama

Songster
7 Years
Apr 17, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Hi All! Just posted recently about my Sapphire Gem chicks. A few days later now & I tried to get some better pics of just the two who look the most similar coloring wise. They’re supposed to be Sapphire Gems. Between 4-5 weeks. Do I have a boy & a girl? Or is one just an early maturing pullet?

Physical differences I see is the one has slightly larger and redder comb & waddles. That same one has a downward facing curled tail and has been slightly slower in feathering out. The redder comb chick also is a bit more chill & confident than the rest of this batch — fine with being out alone from the group, first to approach people, more okay with being handled.

Thanks for your expert opinions!

IMG_8406.jpeg

IMG_8408.jpeg

IMG_8410.jpeg

IMG_8414.jpeg

Idk I don't see barring! And they both have dark eyes and dark legs, they're so similar besides the combs. Maybe you have two girls? Any updates? I am new and following bc I have some SG chickies. We need some experts to weigh in on new photos please :)

Hey guys, while you're here I'd like to ask if this is a sapphire gem? I'm trying to figure out what breed she is. Also, fun fact, she's blind so that's why her eyes look a little funny. She's my sweet little girl 😍

Attachments

• Little Pinky.jpg
    Little Pinky.jpg
    708.7 KB · Views: 9
Hey guys, while you're here I'd like to ask if this is a sapphire gem? I'm trying to figure out what breed she is. Also, fun fact, she's blind so that's why her eyes look a little funny. She's my sweet little girl 😍
I don’t think she is a sapphire gem because she appears to have a crest. I’m not sure what she would be :) cute though

Back
Top Bottom