RK sold as sapphire gem females but is it a Roo ?? And is it a sapphire gem ?

And this one does not looked barred to you ? Am I over thinking ??? Lol
Barred means the black and white “bars” neither of yours are barred. Attaching some photos of my barred birds.

Attachments

• IMG_8903.jpeg
    IMG_8903.jpeg
    888.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8262.jpeg
    IMG_8262.jpeg
    620.6 KB · Views: 13
And this one does not looked barred to you ? Am I over thinking ??? Lol
That's beautiful LACING on that bird, like andalusians are famous for... or is it called penciling? Beautiful. Definitely not barred. I used to have sapphire gems, there's a lot of variation in size, color, etc. just like in any breed. It's hard when you only have two---you want to compare them but then, they probably hatched out of a group of 100 or even 1000 for all we know. They do mature very quickly. I hope you are ready go put out the oyster shells!

1692829937714.png

This is a sapphire gem rooster. S G s are a hybrid bird that is sex-linked. Though the tail on your pullet can make one wonder. Since this breed is famous for reproductive problems in certain genetic lines, I wonder if your will pullet be a good layer.

This chickens waddles and comb are very red compared to the other sapphire gem we bought. Which has me thinking maybe it’s a cockerel. Would have hatched last week of May. I am posting pic as a chick and today
This chickens waddles and comb are very red compared to the other sapphire gem we bought. Which has me thinking maybe it’s a cockerel. Would have hatched last week of May. I am posting pic as a chick and today
I have sapphire gem pullets and midnight majesty maran pullets from rural king. This chick looks exactly like my midnight majesty marans. Info is on Hoosier Hatchery's site.
1000003116.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom