RK sold as sapphire gem females but is it a Roo ?? And is it a sapphire gem ?

Can you explained what exactly barred means ?
Barred is one of the chicken feather patterns. Simply put, Sapphire Gems are sex linked, meaning each gender has a different color or pattern. Female Sapphire Gem will be blue and males will be blue with the barring pattern, which is shown in the picture below.

2.png

This chickens waddles and comb are very red compared to the other sapphire gem we bought. Which has me thinking maybe it’s a cockerel. Would have hatched last week of May. I am posting pic as a chick and today
Definitely not a roo. They have bigg combs and they develop early on in age, the red bottom things would also be larger. I dont know the breed unfortunately. But others will

Barred is one of the chicken feather patterns. Simply put, Sapphire Gems are sex linked, meaning each gender has a different color or pattern. Female Sapphire Gem will be blue and males will be blue with the barring pattern, which is shown in the picture below.

View attachment 3617382

View attachment 3617382
And this one does not looked barred to you ? Am I over thinking ??? Lol

Attachments

• 7FA1079E-6825-4DC4-A85A-A40E930E7454.jpeg
    7FA1079E-6825-4DC4-A85A-A40E930E7454.jpeg
    566.9 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom