Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

@Wishing4Wings I know they aren't EEs but you are so good at this. What do you think of these 9 week old Japanese bantam/silkies?

Here's two easter eggers. They are ten weeks old
#1 (Tullip)

#2 (Patches)

I originally thought Patches was a roo because of the white on the wings, but now I'm not as sure. Any ideas, or still too soon to tell with these two.

Here they are from two weeks ago.

Ooh! Yay know im gonna love this thread. I have sexed my current Easter and Olive eggers to hope that I have two girls and boy. Both from a pure ameraucana rooster over different hens. Patterns are turning out beautiful and I have plans on keeping one of them. If not both pullets. Ill post pics at some point.

Last edited:
Anyone think they know the gender on this little one? Hoping for a little lady!

Here's two easter eggers. They are ten weeks old
#1 (Tullip)

#2 (Patches)

I originally thought Patches was a roo because of the white on the wings, but now I'm not as sure. Any ideas, or still too soon to tell with these two.

Here they are from two weeks ago.
I have a pullet that looks almost EXACTLY like Tulip. We'll have to compare egg colors when they start laying.
Except, mine had much less of a comb at 10 weeks than yours.
Hmmmmm.

We incubated some eggs from our easter egger couple to sell, but this batch just turned out too colorful and pretty to part with! I'm thinking 2 roosters and 3 hens? Any thoughts?

@rcstanley , both are pullets.
smile.png

@mother o' chicks72 , it's hard to tell, but I think it's a pullet.

Not sure on this one, leaning toward pullet though.
Leaning toward cockerel.
Leaning toward pullet.
Looks like a cockerel.

We incubated some eggs from our easter egger couple to sell, but this batch just turned out too colorful and pretty to part with! I'm thinking 2 roosters and 3 hens? Any thoughts?
You may want to post pictures again in a few weeks since it's a little hard to tell gender when they are this young.
smile.png

Last edited:
We hatched 8 new EE mixes 7 weeks ago, and I have a few of them figured out "for sure" as males due to their bright red combs, but there are a couple of them that have me stumped. One is a PR/EE mix, the others are "pure" EE (dad was silver, mom partridge). I've numbered them 1-4 below, I'd really appreciate any thoughts about what we've got!

The only sure girl is #1. The other ones look like boys due to dark red wing patches.

Back
Top Bottom