Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Hello!!! Can anyone tell me if this is a pullet or cockerel? They're about 8 weeks old now. Thank you in advance!!

Looks like a pullet.
smile.png

Thank you guys so much! I feel a lot better :) we can't have Roos and I don't want to have to 'rehome' any. Much appreciated!!

Update:

About 8 weeks of age...no distinct redness of the comb...this one has really stumped me.
May have to wait further if we still cannot get an answer.

What do you guys think?
Hen or Roo?
What a beautiful color! Looks all pullet to me. I think a male would have a more uneven splotchy pattern. Comb looks pale and single ridged, slender legs, overall body shape looks like a pullet.

Might be too early to tell since they are between 4 and 5 weeks old, but who knows. I am think I have a pullet and roo based on the color markings that are starting to appear.

Pullet:

Roo:

Pullet and Roo

Might be too early to tell since they are between 4 and 5 weeks old, but who knows. I am think I have a pullet and roo based on the color markings that are starting to appear.

Pullet:

Roo:

Pullet and Roo
I agree about the cockerel, red comb, red markings coming in. Too soon to call the other a pullet. I've had cockerel chicks grow out were one matures much more quickly, and a same age hatch mate is several weeks behind. That being said, no cockerel signs on the other yet. Fingers crossed for you!

I agree about the cockerel, red comb, red markings coming in. Too soon to call the other a pullet. I've had cockerel chicks grow out were one matures much more quickly, and a same age hatch mate is several weeks behind. That being said, no cockerel signs on the other yet. Fingers crossed for you!
Thanks I am hoping for at least one pullet. I had one pullet out of 3 last time and she such a sweet girl.

Back
Top Bottom