easter egger

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by phloxylady, Nov 30, 2010.

1. phloxylady

phloxylady New Egg

Nov 30, 2010
    Greenville
    I have a young 5 1/2 month old Easter Egger that just started laying eggs Since Saturday just over a week ago she has layed nine eggs! I thought she was just laying very well and they all seem to be well developed, but now since I saw 2 in one day, and no days off, and also another day there were two eggs in a day a couple of days ago or so, I'm wondering what in the world?
    I didn't think chickens do that (isn't it 1 egg per day about 6 days per week?) Anyway, now I am wondering if I have more than one easter egger?? [​IMG] She is the only one I have that looks like an easter egger. Does anyone know if there a solid yellow easter egger? The eggs are that very pretty blueish-green, and I can't imagine her laying that many eggs by herself, but all the other chickens are other breeds. That I know of none of the others are laying eggs yet and that I know of she is the only one that is an easter egger. Does anyone have a clue about this peculiar thing?
    here is a picture of three of her eggs along with some others I have

[​IMG]

and a picture of my good little girl

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  2. Turkeyrangler

Turkeyrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you have another one laying those blue eggs besides your official EE. She looks very much like my favorite EE hen BTW. I just think that those are a lot of eggs for one hen to lay in a week. I have two hens that look all the world like they are Barred Rocks but one lays pink eggs and the other lays green eggs. They are mutts for sure, but great mutts none the less.

3. WisconsinChickenWhisperer

WisconsinChickenWhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Webster, Wisconsin
    I have 3 Easter Eggers: 2 have beards and muffs, one has neither. The one with the smooth face was my first layer-right at 18 weeks old-and lays very pretty olive colored eggs. One of the bearded ones just started laying pretty blue/green, and one hasn't laid at all yet. I get an egg almost every day from both.

4. phloxylady

phloxylady New Egg

Nov 30, 2010
    Greenville
    Turkeyrangler thats what I think and was inquiring about because I have never had any chicken lay that many eggs [​IMG] Anyway, the only chicken that I can think of is yellow. See, when I got these chickens in June they came in pairs because thats the way my son & his wife ordered them, but I thought I had ended up with one EE and one very thin Buff O. She is solid creamy yellow. All the others in the group are all in pairs and look like what they are supposed to look like according to their breed, and they all are supposed to lay brown to dark brown eggs. Thank you I think you're right there is no way one could lay all those eggs.

WisconsinChickenWhisperer that is very good info maybe the yellow one is some sort of mix. I guess unless you have a true Auracauna those that lay the blue-green eggs are mixed breeds anyway. She does have the grayish green legs and isn't that one of the characteristics? Thats real neat about the one you have that layed @ 18 weeks. Wow! Well how about that! I must have two EE's after all! [​IMG]

Thanks!

5. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    i wish my easter egger would pay her rent

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by