Easter Eggers w/o ear feathers

Picco

Songster
12 Years
Mar 14, 2007
NY
I really love my EE hen and she has none of that ear feathering and doesn't have a beard. I like this look a lot. Is there anyone who has EEs without the extra feathering? I'd love to order more EES but I really don't want any with it, it just isn't my thing
smile.png

PS... what is the proper term; tufts or muffs?

Well, an EE is just that, a green egg laying mutt. Most have beards and few have tufts. Go ahead and order a bunch and pick out the ones you like without those traits and sell the rest!

I got a White EE cockeral from Ideal this year who has a completely clean face. I think it was just lucky though, being that they are mutts. You never know what you'll get. So order some and see what happens! Try getting a Beardless/non-muffed roo to breed with the hens with the same traits and see what happens!

The correct term is muffs on an EE. The muff and beard gene works together and is often present on EEs. I agree with OEG that your best bet would be to find clean faced ones and breed them to gather a flock of clean faced EEs.

When "tufts" are present, there is no beard, unless a bird is bred with the muff/beard gene and the tuft gene.

Jody

'Is there anyone who has EEs without the extra feathering?"

I do!
I can have hatching eggs ready to ship next month
smile.png

I was just wondering what to do with my blue clean-faced blue/green egger girls. I can put 4 with the splash NN roo and 4 with the splash feather neck roo.

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom