Easter Eggers

I have EEer bantams and standard. I find that the bantams are way louder than standards because they are higher pitched. All chickens can be loud especially at laying time. I have found that the quietest birds are the red sex links and the standard EEers I got locally.I'll probably get red sex links again in future because they have a little better egg production and egg size over the EEer. I have a RIR standard that is pretty quiet but she's the most scared of me. She hollers every time I'm out there tossing seeds. But her voice is deep so she isn't that annoying to the neighbors. But again, it varies by breeders and because I don't think she's full RIR due to her lighter red coloring than what most RIR look like. The RIR is a parent of the red sex links usually blended with a white father. 

The thing about EEer though is that just because mine are quiet doesn't mean yours will be because it's all in the parentage and gene lines involved in producing those EEers. They are the mutts in the chicken world. I have not yet tried black sex links but I've heard they are quiet. Australorps were supposedly quiet but mine were not. They sure were pretty in the sun though. 

One other question...do you have dogs in your neighborhood? Do they bark all day long?? If so, don't worry if you have loud chickens. Complainers will have to file complaints on all the noisy dogs too. It's a pet peeve of mine. Whiners about chickens when dogs are way worse. 

Hope this helps!! 

I have a couple black sex links, and they are wicked personable. Always following my kids around, and barely make a noise. My two dogs sleep in the run during the day and the sex links just sit next to the dogs. My barred rocks are skiddish as all get out. Our RIR have the most personality for sure. The silver laced polish are by far the fastest runners.

I also have Easter Eggers ...several and a Lady Gaga She is a Black Polish. Mine are just starting to lay except the Leghorns They have been laying about 2 weeks .Easter Eggers about 4 days. Enjoy !
love.gif

I had two BSL's with my mixed flock (and two EE). They are gone now due to predation, but they were my favorites - very friendly and great egg producers. However, they were NOISY! If I came out the back door and they saw me, they would squwak until I came and gave them a treat. :)

Easter Eggers are like Ice Cream ...Everyone wants some but Different. The World If Everyone was and had the same thing. I love all My chickens and sign states "Home for wayward Chickens". I want as many different breeds as I can afford. Chickens are My habit!!LOL
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom