EASTER EVICTION/INTRODUCTION

Jan 20, 2023
Today the 3 wk old peeps go out into the coop with the 11 wk chicks. With warmer weather coming on there's no time like now. Dog crate set up inside the center of coop so they all have a 360 birds eye view. Still a heat source for the younger as the nights are still chilly. These are all BLK AUS and the older birds are bruisers. Going to open the gate around 12 wks for the younger.

Today the 3 wk old peeps go out into the coop with the 11 wk chicks. With warmer weather coming on there's no time like now. Dog crate set up inside the center of coop so they all have a 360 birds eye view. Still a heat source for the younger as the nights are still chilly. These are all BLK AUS and the older birds are bruisers. Going to open the gate around 12 wks for the younger.
Good deal.

Weather around these parts gets hot then cold as witches tit (shoulder shrug). I just pulled out my wool maxi coat and thick scarf to wear to worship in an hour. The other day was in Florida and hot as hades (like I like it).

We are awaiting shipment of two sets of chicks and hopefully it will fall that when one set leaves brooder to the coop the other will arrive and take their place inside the brooder.

I am excited for your move today. :love

Good deal.

Weather around these parts gets hot then cold as witches tit (shoulder shrug). I just pulled out my wool maxi coat and thick scarf to wear to worship in an hour. The other day was in Florida and hot as hades (like I like it).

We are awaiting shipment of two sets of chicks and hopefully it will fall that when one set leaves brooder to the coop the other will arrive and take their place inside the brooder.

I am excited for your move today. :love
Older birds after initial curiosity have been going about their own chicken business. I do expect the younger to be put in their place when integrated. Final pecking order when they mature, you know how hens are. :D

Back
Top Bottom