Easter hatched... Breed and gender help

as for the oliveegger idea the odds of a pea comb and single comb cross results in pea comb chicks most then modified combs leaning towards pea type then some single comb chicks.imho and from hatching a bunch of oeggers!
If it was a Marans/Legbar cross it'd have a single comb.

So it must have double posted...here are the other pics I could not find why you could not see them...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1132362/easter-hatched-breed-and-gender-help#post_17510267

most agree it was a black minorca...here is the weird thing. I hatched all olive, dark brown and blue eggs. I rescued 2 birds, this one and a black sex link from someone who bought them at the local hardware store. Supposedly the breeds were EE, Australorp and barred rock. Maybe the hatchery threw in this one and ???

Still not 100 on sex because of those neck feathers being long, waddles are big and its bottom is narrow for a 4-5 month old bird... not egg laying hips!

I'm totally confused.

did you hatch this bird? Or purchase it?

We can only go on the info you give us. If you say it's either an Australorp or an OE...well, it's not an Aussie, so it must be an OE. Then you're talking about different color eggs you hatched, but then buying birds that came from a feed store.
idunno.gif

I agree if she came from a hatchery, she's a black Mincora. You'll know soon enough, she looks ready to lay any time. White eggs means Mincora.

Mincora are Mediterranean birds. They're large combed, long and lean built, like Leghorns.

Back
Top Bottom