1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Eastern Shore (Delmarva) -- You out there?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Airilith, Oct 14, 2009.

1. MissusDee

MissusDee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2011
    I am not far from Dover, DE. I lived in Northhampton Co. Va at one time, love Eastern Shore VA and it's people.

2. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Hello Everyone! I have my bantam flock up for sale- if anyone local is interested, they are a great little flock!!
    http://easternshore.craigslist.org/grd/2225130279.html

Hey Beth, how's everything going? We never did have that cookout. I think time flies much too quickly. But hey, it's almost cookout season again!

3. joycenjohnb

joycenjohnb Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2011
    Pittsville, MD
    Does anyone on the Easternshore have Seramas. I bought 2 roos and need some hens.

4. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi all, getting more chicks next week and was wondering if anyone would be interested in my packing peanuts?

5. yoie

It looks like there are only a few of us on the Easternshore, so sad [​IMG] We need more chick people!!

6. delawarechickmom

delawarechickmom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2010
    Smyrna, DE
    Delaware here!! I live in Smyrna and my Serama hens are in the process of hatching a new clutch. 7 so far, with at least 9 more eggs in the nest. Will not know if hens or roos for a couple of weeks, but if you want to PM me I will keep you informed. See photo in the Serama section of one of the babies (probably a roo but not sure yet). Let's enjoy the nice weather that is coming and hopefully staying this time.
    Donna

7. yoie

Hi, its nice to see someone else from the Easternshore. I thought I might be alone out here! Sermas are so cute and tiny! My daughter has Modern Game Bantams. And I hope the weather stays nice too, trying to get my run finished for my chicks so they can enjoy the sunshine that's coming!

8. joycenjohnb

joycenjohnb Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2011
    Pittsville, MD
    Hi Donna, I am in Pittsville, MD. halfway between Salisbury and Ocean City. I met you at the Delmarva show. I saw your baby on the serama site it is adorable. I got two roos from Mike at the show and just acquired 4 hens from Texas. I have 9 eggs going into the bator Sunday hoping they are fertile from the roo they were with before I got them..

9. delawarechickmom

delawarechickmom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2010
    Smyrna, DE
    Good Luck with the eggs. I tried Serama eggs in an incubator a couple of times. . .no success. Best incubator for our eggs is the "hen"cubator. So far 9 eggs out of 16 hatched!!
    Donna

10. Fireman Farmer

Fireman Farmer Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2011
    EasternShore of Virginia
    Hello everybody, I am in Greenbackville its in the northern tip of Accomack County. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by