Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting eggs in lock-down Friday, can't wait to see them! I've been checking the BYC auction looking at hatching eggs
hide.gif

"Hi, my name is Hannah and I have a egg hatching addiction!"
tongue.png

LOL... All I can picture is bators scattered all over and you going around to each one looking and tapping your foot.
PS. I checked the hatching records on that last hatch. I only set one Olive Egger / Delaware cross, I kept her and she is muffed.
I still am clueless as to how in the world that one you got has willow legs. Keep me updated on what in the world she lays, LOL

Last edited:
I closed the incubator and brooder until july when my younger ones start giving me some fertile eggs
roll.png

I pick up the new roo tomorrow.

Bario...I have chicks due to hatch soon...if you want me to incubate some for you from Daph just let me know. Gives me another excuse to keep hatching.
big_smile.png

Bario...I have chicks due to hatch soon...if you want me to incubate some for you from Daph just let me know. Gives me another excuse to keep hatching.
big_smile.png

LOL, might work. I am trying to time everything to see if I can get away with not having more than three age groups going at once. I may wait and hit Daph up in July so I can hatch everyone together. Let me look at some things though in case I want to take you up on it.

@ Hannah
You need to come to Newport. I have a pretty little pullet for you. She does have an unusually large and red comb though. Maybe she is a rarity? But since I like you... you can have her for free. What a deal
frow.gif

LOL, might work. I am trying to time everything to see if I can get away with not having more than three age groups going at once. I may wait and hit Daph up in July so I can hatch everyone together. Let me look at some things though in case I want to take you up on it.

@ Hannah
You need to come to Newport. I have a pretty little pullet for you. She does have an unusually large and red comb though. Maybe she is a rarity? But since I like you... you can have her for free. What a deal
frow.gif
The offer stands. Just let me know.

@ Hannah, I can finally tell the Marans from the Austrolorps if you're still interested. They feathered in WAY faster than the Marans and with the Marans having combs so much bigger than my Orps, I was sure I had boys. I looked it up, though, and Cuckoo Marans are colored like Barred Rocks, where girls are a lot darker than the boys. My chicks are almost completely black. PHEW!

@ Hannah
frow.gif
@bario

They have a word for you. It's called "ENABLER"
lau.gif

Is it by chance a rooster you couldn't catch?
wink.png
Actually come to think of it may need to find me a rooster, one close to maturity... the cochin rooster isn't breeding the hens aggressively enough and so I have a hen who is playing rooster...
hmm.png

@ Hannah
frow.gif

LOL! Yeah, still interested... could throw them in a brooder with the blrws so I can separate those from the cornish broilers. If I keep getting more chickens I'm gonna have to raise them in my extended rabbit barn! Oh, anyone wanna see pics?
big_smile.png

The offer stands. Just let me know.

@ Hannah, I can finally tell the Marans from the Austrolorps if you're still interested. They feathered in WAY faster than the Marans and with the Marans having combs so much bigger than my Orps, I was sure I had boys. I looked it up, though, and Cuckoo Marans are colored like Barred Rocks, where girls are a lot darker than the boys. My chicks are almost completely black. PHEW!

Is it by chance a rooster you couldn't catch?
wink.png
Actually come to think of it may need to find me a rooster, one close to maturity... the cochin rooster isn't breeding the hens aggressively enough and so I have a hen who is playing rooster...
hmm.png
Roo, roo, rwhat? Could have been the one I could not catch...but moving so fast it could be a pullet with an abnormally big comb for her age?
gig.gif

@Daph
I just discovered how slowly those darn cuckoo marans mature myself. Makes me wonder if they are going to be big enough to lay by 8 months old; judging by the looks of mine that hatched on 2-29 and look like they are barely 4 weeks old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom