Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed that laugh! I have had a bad day at school, cried half way home...

uh oh... I know what helps fix bad days... watching chickens. But it's dark, so maybe pet the cat or dog. I even find joy in my hermit crabs... but I bet you don't have hermit crabs. And I honestly like to care for my mealworms. I think I just like caring for things.

I digress! Get some hot cocoa, add alot of marshmellows and cuddle with a critter!

Quote: Yep... I have to agree that fall is a bad time for LF's. But when the bug bites....what you going to do? I am soooo weak
he.gif
. There goes the electric bill. But hey, when you have two girls in the house it's easy to blame it on their 30 minute showers....which is exactly what I plan to do
lau.gif

Tnchickenut; I have to be over at that west Knox Walmart the one closer to Faragut on Saturday AM. I can bring a few brown eggs but you'll have a 50/50 chance of pure Welsummer or Wellsummer over Marans. Or I can bring Welsummer over Wheaton Ameraucana if you want a few olive eggers.

edited: "their" to replace "there" im such a dork.

Last edited:
Yep... I have to agree that fall is a bad time for LF's. But when the bug bites....what you going to do? I am soooo weak
he.gif
. There goes the electric bill. But hey, when you have two girls in the house it's easy to blame it on there 30 minute showers....which is exactly what I plan to do
lau.gif

Tnchickenut; I have to be over at that west Knox Walmart the one closer to Faragut on Saturday AM. I can bring a few brown eggs but you'll have a 50/50 chance of pure Welsummer or Wellsummer over Marans. Or I can bring Welsummer over Wheaton Ameraucana if you want a few olive eggers.

Oh now that is tempting - all those sound good. I miss my Wellies... took them to another BYC friend, and I lost one of my two Marans to a tragic goat accident.... and I never had true Ameraucanas. I'll have to check with my driver's schedule. I put out a few emails for Olandsk Dwarf eggs too. But I can always coax another broody or plug in the bator. LMAO!!!

I can let you know something by this time tomorrow for sure. I can't drive, so it's up to their schedule.

sounds good.....thats probably about as close I'll be to you till the picnic. But you dont want to wait that long I dont think, that would really be a rough brood. Well unless you have two bathrooms and you use the bath-tub. Now there is a good idea for winter brooding
big_smile.png

Now how can you pass this up?? LOL

Last edited:
sounds good.....thats probably about as close I'll be to you till the picnic. But you dont want to wait that long I dont think, that would really be a rough brood. Well unless you have two bathrooms and you use the bath-tub. Now there is a good idea for winter brooding
big_smile.png
lol... not when you only have one bathroom!! LOL!

I have extra coops out my rear. That is the plus side to downsizing. I'm going to put her in a 4x4 to hatch and then let her run when the babies seem they are ready. Or I can just put her in a coop run combo and let her do it all. I finally have choices!!!

big_smile.png

Now how can you pass this up?? LOL

Yeah, I like colorful eggs too... I don't eat eggs, but I think they are pretty. LOL. Seriously. I have a leghorn just to add white!

You'd like my "Tater Tots" I play with. I haven't got them down yet, but they lay a darker egg (like the shades in the middle of the bottom row) and have white earlobes.

uh oh... I know what helps fix bad days... watching chickens. But it's dark, so maybe pet the cat or dog. I even find joy in my hermit crabs... but I bet you don't have hermit crabs. And I honestly like to care for my mealworms. I think I just like caring for things.

I digress! Get some hot cocoa, add alot of marshmellows and cuddle with a critter!
I went and pet my bunnies after I got home
smile.png
It's not the end of the world though!

Ahhh. I forgot about those!! You mentioned working on them last time I saw you, year and a half ago I think? you need to get some pics up of those odd ball little things, lol

Yeah, I'm proud of them, but pictures will have to wait until they are done moulting... the rooster looks like he was chewed by a dog and spit out. The F1 hen I love the most just come out of a moult I better take her pic while she is shiny. They are shiny... I thought today I should start calling them Tennessee Shiners.... what name sounds better? And I will copywrite that, FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom