Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are the Buff Brahma Bantams in the background. They came free with my McMurray order as packing peanuts. They're definitely cockerels. They have this eensy weensy crow.

The one in the foreground is the silkie that my daughter is insisting we keep. It's going to look kinda funny running around the legs of my turkey-sized flock.

Well heck, where is the picture of the cochin pair? And also, how did I miss that you even had a cochin pair for sale? Whoops. I love my cochins.

I listed them the first time, you were just distracted by the needy.
smile.png
I hadn't even realized I didn't get pictures of everyone today. They must have been hiding under the coop with the Partridge Rock and the 2 buff orps.

I know nothing about cochins, but they sure are cute. They make me think of my orps if they wore bell bottoms. But they really grow slow, don't they? These are large fowl, but are not much bigger than the banty brahmas.

I can get a picture tomorrow...

I have updated my blog with hatched chick pictures. Right now it is easier to do that there than here since I have so much upload time on my wireless . When mom and chicks come out of new coop I will post those pictures here as well as there since it will be a new month for me on the bill. Just got to love living in the coutnry with no cable.
wink.png

Quote:
No, thank YOU! I'm so glad they're going to someone who will take such great care of them and appreciate them. Talking to you gave me a hankering for some more, someday when I have more room.

They are starting to have a little more elbow room, but I still need homes for 2 Columbian Wyandottes, 1 GLW, 2 Buff Brahma Bantam cockerels, and a black cochin pair.

I was able to get a couple of pictures today. (I apologize in advance for the photo overload) Any silkie experts want to help me sex the buff? It's staying, no matter what, according to my daughter. We call it Speedy.

Trust me, they will be petted. LOL! I got some spoiled brats running around here.

Hey... I'll take that OEG in the first photo (you don't have her listed for sale, but I thought I would throw that out there anyways).... I have a couple more and FINALLY got a rooster for them. I am joking about taking your girl, but when they start laying pure eggs (they are in a mixed lot right now) you can have some to hatch, if you want them.

I keep saying "I'm downsizing" and the scarey thing is that I am... but I somehow keep getting more. But I'm narrowing down the breeds.

Apparently I'm in a chatty mood... sorry!!!

I'll TRY to get some photos in the next couple days of some happy Del girls for you.

I'd love to see pictures!!!

That OEGB was my free exotic with my McMurray order. I am NOT a bantam kinda gal, but Bob (my son named her as a chick) suckered me in. She scared me to death the other night. It's kind of a funny story. I started a thread hereif you've got time to kill...

I'm with you on trying to limit breeds, if my kids would just cooperate! So, now it's "Three breeds! That's IT! NO MORE!... What? Oh, OK, and a silkie... Huh? FINE!! and a OEGB!! But that's really IT!!" You know... I've been trying to convince them to let me convert their play structure into a coop. That might be just the leverage I need! Mwahahaha!

Thanks tennesseckn for the beautiful Eng. Orps. Chicks!
90094_img_0255-copy.jpg

90094_img_0241-copy.jpg

I have two Delaware Boys (8 weeks) free if anyone is interested.
90094_img_0334-copy.jpg

Hey tnchickenut wondering if I have a boy or girl?
90094_img_0388-copy.jpg

Quote:
Looks like a girl. I'll definately take the camera outside today for all who asked for pictures.

Where did you get your Dels? If I didn't have 13 Del roos too many right now I would take them.

ETA: I have a Blue Orp (75% English) that you may end up wanting. Full grown already and a big baby. He is offered to breeding homes only.
wink.png

Last edited:
I got the Delawares are from Randy Bivens in Sweetwater, TN. They are no longer on his web page, but the web page did say that his stock were originally from Bill Braden's Heritage Delawares. (Not sure if that mean anything to you or not.)

They are VERY friendly to us. They let my two year old carry them around. BUT, they have scratched up two of my sweet sussex and must go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom