Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks will start gathering at the fairgrounds around dawn on May 7th. Showbirds can be checked in until around 8 or 9am (can't remember exactly and won't get the paperwork until April). There will be a lot of folks set up with cages by their cars selling a variety of poultry and other chicken-related stuff.
During the show there is a silent auction. They usually have some really cute stuff.

The show lasts until around 3- 4pm, depending on the # of birds to be judged.

There's a trailer where food is sold, and some picnic tables around that area. There's lso a rooster 'statue' by the poultry barn doors. A couple of eyars ago there was a pic taken of BYC folks standing around that statue.

Onlt problem I will have with meeting up is that I'm hoping to have a lot of d'Uccle chicks to sell and will be busy with that for a while....

This weather is terrible today! Anybody else have damage? The wind was whipping, it blew down a big cedar tree in our pasture and took down some of our field fence, and unfortunally blew over one of my coops, I had some really nice show quality White Creasted Black Polish in the pen, I'm still missing two hens, hopefully they are hiding and not under the wood:( All of my pens are flooded, the rain was so heavy! Most of my pens have never flooded-Two of them have about 6 inches of water in them. I've got 6 incubators running and the power keeps going on and off. 100 chicks in my hatchery building and the heat lamps keep going on and off. What a day! Hopefully when it settles down I will find the missing birds and get the repairs done. Just alot more work now. I am so tired of this bad weather!

Quote:
Wow! Sorry things are so bad. So far we've had nothing but rain. I'm at work thouhg; things may be worse at home.

I hope life settles down and you get everyone safe and sound and warm again!!

Quote:
barnie.gif
I am so sorry to hear this. All we had was some light rain and some light gusts so far. Praying yiou find your 2 gals alive and well.

Quote:
Well, here is an idea if we meet up where you are selling your birds it might draw attention to you from those looking. Not saying atanding to block cages mind you but behind them. Since you will be located in one place for a long time this should work.

I live in Asheville, NC but travel in E. Tenn for work. I love driving your back roads. I go to the following areas: Johnson City, Limestone, Greenville, Rogersville, Kingsport, Bristol, and Mountain City.

Quote:
Is this the E TN Poultry Club meet? Or something totally different?! I want to hear more... please PM or email me at [email protected] (don't use the "email" thingy over there... lol)

Stacy we are just talking about getting together at the spring show. Not a formal club thing. But an informal meetup of BYC people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom