Do you have a retriever?

• Total voters
4 currently. All bred for field work and competition.

there is no such thing as a silver lab, btw. They are dilute retrievers from a pairing of Labrador to Weimaraner.

Attachments

• 394568152_1021576215710335_1736053298829998219_n.jpg
    394568152_1021576215710335_1736053298829998219_n.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 4
  • dannisit6mo.JPG
    dannisit6mo.JPG
    445 KB · Views: 4
  • FB_IMG_1706098325841.jpg
    FB_IMG_1706098325841.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 4
About 'silver labs', the AKC breed description, at least a few years ago, described 'blue/ gray' as a disqualifying color. Recessive? Apparently turned up occasionally in litters, or wouldn't have been mentioned. I saw a puppy that a 'breeder' sold for a Premium Price (!) to unsuspecting new owners, who were horrified to have their puppy kicked out of a show ring! Sad, really, but reading the AKC breed description should be the first thing done, if bench showing looks interesting.
And I still see 'silver labs', this wonderful new rare color...
@friednotscrambled, your dogs look great!
Imagine, working labs, not fat couch potatoes...
Mary

Thank you!

Dogs may be the only critters that smile, besides us. Their faces are SO expressive, mirrors of our expressions. They can look surprised, worried, curious, sad, joyful ... a whole vocabulary of emotions that you just don't see on other animal's faces (horses' maybe?). They are so amazing. They can eveen laugh - when they sneeze, that's laughter, joy. Don't they sneeze at you when you've been away? Sneeze back and see how surprised they look. That's, "oh hey, I didn't know you spoke Dog!" Do it again, you may get a dialog going.

Thanks!

:hugsThey do get into your heart, don't they?

Thanks, all of you who said so! ❤️
You definitely read their emotions in their faces. Especially the eyes! With horses you definitely can too, but it's more in the ears and posture. With both though, you can tell by tails and eyes!

Jenny is beautiful! LOVE her color 😍
Thank you! She's def an emotional rescue... not well socialized at all, may never be a true representative of her breed as far as being friendly to all and sundry. She is solidly bonded to me, follows me everywhere, shy with other family members but gaining confidence. For months she would not go outside without me, but we've pretty much gotten past that, thank goodness! Good with chickens, too.

Back
Top Bottom