Do you have a retriever?

• Total voters
The only dog we've owner who ever bit anyone was a rescue Dalmation, a guard breed cursed by Disney's movies. 'How cute" while the dog has hair and tail raised, growling, at the door with me not present. Tried to walk through him, and was fortunately only nipped. Idiots! Can't read the dog, only 'cute Dalmation'!!!
NOBODY tried to walk through Trina, our brown Chessie, who would shake the door, lunging at it while barking and growling, again, in my absence. When I invited people in, she was very friendly. Training!
Mary
Dang people are dumb! I would never have tried to walk through that or thought aww cute! 🤣🤦‍♀️

They are definitely not Goldens! Some labs are aggressive, and I've met three awful Goldens, BTW.
Chessies were developed to be stupendous water retrievers, and to guard their boats and owner's property. Without good socialization and real training, and having owners who run the show, these dogs will take over. Many people should not have this breed, as many people shouldn't have any guard type dog.
Mary
Ive met aggressive goldens labs and many other breeds. I love chessies! Ive met one really nice one. But they are so uncommon around me.
every dog needs training and socializing to be good.

IMG_9067.jpeg
This is my good boy Marshall. He’s an extremely loving, very athletic and loyal lab. He’s the storybook lab, from the horrendous puppy chewing to being amazing around my kids, can play ball all day, and LOVES all water. His mom is a medium sized red that lives on a farm and his dad is a red working duck hunting lab.

We love this silly big boy.

Attachments

• IMG_5698.jpeg
    IMG_5698.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1362.jpeg
    IMG_1362.jpeg
    398.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1644.jpeg
    IMG_1644.jpeg
    481.9 KB · Views: 7
View attachment 3710137This is my good boy Marshall. He’s an extremely loving, very athletic and loyal lab. He’s the storybook lab, from the horrendous puppy chewing to being amazing around my kids, can play ball all day, and LOVES all water. His mom is a medium sized red that lives on a farm and his dad is a red working duck hunting lab.

We love this silly big boy.
Awww he’s so handsome and cute!!!

Back
Top Bottom