Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
"Chickapaloosa" sounds great
smile.png

As far as BCMs in this area; I posted the info for a breeder around Sevierville very early in the thread...I'll have to look that up. I have not been to visit him yet and do not know his stock though.

Greetings from Knoxville! Just got 3 Cinnamon Queens and 3 Golden Laced Wyandottes. I will post some pics once my post count gets up.

thanks for the input, as today i implemented letting "red" the roo out only in spurts and checking to see when he as well as others today would actually start after a bit coming up to the window, pecking and making fuss to come back in (or when id see him huddling or starting to shake), as apparently after first times, theyve learned they are not just in or out for the day, and can come and go reasonably. i got new mineral grit and dust bathing stuff, and put out for them to have their fun in, and now seem a lot happier, than just the wet soil that was out under straw, since got them. "red" also started mating my hen, so pumping him up in every way can think of seems to be working. now wondering if one rooster's mating will cancel the other's (getting an egg every other day, and so far fertile), or will my hen's eggs just come out mixed or some times one or the other?

Quote:
If out coop is ready by then. I would like to get some from them. But I wish they would be coming threw later. I work on Thursdays. Told my husband about it. So maybe we can have the coop done. I want some laying pullets. So I don't have to wait for the chicks to grow up.

They do have layers for sale also..I just dont know how much are what breeds. I got 6 gold laced wyandotte 4 week old pullets for 2.50 each. I would rather have eggs sooner than the end of July also....but this way I can keep them in the basement until coop redesign is finished if need be for a couple weeks. I know what you guys are going through with the coop thing. I am putting up a wall in the back half of my 10x20 shed for the new coop and have to completely redo the run for back there. I have 3 NHR's and 3 Sussix at 1 month old in big rubber maid in the basement now. But they are doing great and will be fine for another few weeks if I need that for the coop. Just let me know though..I have a work van that is completely empty in back if you get laying hens and want to car pool up there.
Quote:
If out coop is ready by then. I would like to get some from them. But I wish they would be coming threw later. I work on Thursdays. Told my husband about it. So maybe we can have the coop done. I want some laying pullets. So I don't have to wait for the chicks to grow up.

I just realized where you live, LOL I would be traveling back East on 40 from Knox.
They will meet you at any exit between them an Knoxville...might be easier for you guys to meet them around the midtown exit..........
Quote:

I think we are going to just wait. Until we can go down to their farm. It would probably be a good day trip. Plus our son would love to see all the other chickens. I do want to get them as soon as possible. I can't wait to go out to the coop and find our first egg. I like that they have all the chickens we want in one place. So I'm not running all over TN to find what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom