Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
You are welcome. For the coop... not for the bad back.
wink.png
Don't worry... I'll do the lifting tommarrow.

Anyone else dying in the heat? Ugh. Gave myself a nice dose of heat exhaustion yesterday when I spent 3 hours working on a big rabbit hutch. Whoops!

I have broodies coming my ears.....lots of chicks.

Cochin mix pullets - 1 buff, 1 blue, 1 or 2 blacks - 4 weeks old - $4 each
Blue wheaten or wheaten Marans/Ameraucana pullets - Should be nice Olive Eggers - 2 blue wheaten, 1 wheaten - 4 weeks old - $10 each
Roosters of both cochin mix or the OEs.....FREE - I think 8 to 10 available

Not good pix.
2011-05-30_22-06-29_246.jpg

2011-05-30_22-06-24_465.jpg

2011-05-30_22-04-45_629.jpg

also have very young chicks. $2.50 each. 5 or more, $2 each. Straight run. Cochin mix.....with what? who knows! I have RIR, Jersey Giant, White Leghorn, EE, etc.
254648_1748651041535_1396616701_31480126_6909350_n.jpg

well chicks hatched from my game hen, and now six little fuzzy butts are bumbling about the yard with way to many poults and hens.. may have to do some selling of chooks and quail! more eggs still under hen, and bator starting to fill up again. i cant stop hatching!

OK, I am a BIG idiot.

I thought that I was a chicken expert because I had owned chickens for almost a WHOLE year.

Then, today, I almost went bezerk and rushed a hen to the vet because I was convinced she was paralyzed. Turns out, she is just broody.

Also, today, I determined that I have entirely too many chickens. I ordered twenty in February because I needed eggs for eating for me and family and friends. It wasn't until today, when I was gathering Orpington eggs, that I realized that I am going to be OVERWHELMED with eggs when the new chicks start laying. I didn't even consider the fact that I wouldn't want to hatch eggs all year long!!! AGGH!

Anyone interested in 2 SLW, 2 GLW, 2 Columbian Wyandottes, 2 Delaware, a Speckled Sussex with a scarred eye (she arrived with an eye injury), 3 buff orpingtons, 3 easter eggers, 2 black cochins (1 pullet, 1 cockerel), or 2 buff brahma cockerels (packing peanuts)? They are hatchery quality, from McMurray's.

Just PM me if you are interested...

Hey guys
smile.png
Just a quick post, non chicken related, shameless plug but hey
smile.png
Last year I organized a festival in Oak Ridge to help promote responsible dog/pet ownership and had over 25 rescue groups and vendors attend and had a very successful first year. This year I submitted the idea to the pepsi refresh project to see if I could get funding for it (had some sponsors last year but a big chunk came out of my pocket which I couldn't really afford lol) and they picked the idea and it is up for voting!!! If you all don't mind to go to http://www.refresheverything.com/oakridgerdo and vote for the idea
smile.png
you can vote once per day by internet and once per day by text. The festival could really use the funding and I would really appreciate it! Also feel free to spread the word and come see me at the festival Saturday September 3rd
smile.png
I will be looking later on to see if anyone would be interested in manning a booth to help educate people about owning chickens as I am also working on making it legal to own a few hens in the city limits! Thanks guys!!!

OH! I also have some chicks I hatched out avaliable for new homes! Speckled Sussex, Dominiques, 2 d'uccles (mille fluer), and 1 salmon favorelle (whose wing feathers appear to mean it will be a rooster, black feathers coming in), and 2 idk what they are chicks

PM me if anyone is interested
smile.png
I am having fun with my home made incubator and hatching eggs:)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows when there's gonna be another show or sale around Knoxville. Last year they had a 4h show/sale at the Leinor City TSC, does anyone know about that? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom