Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the site, and new to chickens, but loving it! Thank you BYC members, I am in East Tennessee and I am excited to find this thread! look forward to making some contacts! We are working on Silkies blue gene, Ameracauna, liking the Lavendar now and Silver Spangeled Hamburg! We are looking for breeding quality frizzels males and females, or maybe eggs. Also the polish, looking for white crested blues, both hens and a roo and or eggs as well. I know a lot of people are
hit.gif
not hatching anymore this season but might collect a few eggs
jumpy.gif
I would pick up.
Shortly will be letting a few go
hit.gif
to make room for the new. I figure I will eventually try posting them or have them for trade to a local. We also drive and pick up love day trips. I am new and have to figure that posting thing out!
he.gif
Any advice welcomed! Thanks guys! I love this SITE!

Last edited:
Welcome, ilvmychickens! Sounds like you've got a lot of projects. I know there are some silkie and polish people here. Hope you find what you're looking for.

No predator this morning. While I was sitting out there waiting I did hear what I think was two of my boys. There were hushed little bwok sounds coming from two different directions. I put out a couple of waterers in the general areas, but I'm hoping hunger motivates them to show their faces.

Pictures of chicks, new coop with chick and flock.

This is hen with older chicks she hatched. One male and one female.

New coop with mom and chicks

new coop with chicks

Flock ranging without moms.

This is not the rooster of the chicks. This is Beta. Alpha was killed trying to protect a hen and he is the sire of the chicks.

OK. Fine! LOL!!!

I'm going out right now and getting a good picture of Gus... and the Del girls... and the Coro Sussex pullets and roos - I'm really bad about following through with pictures! I get a ADD attack and forget!

OK. I got the pictures but the same cord to upload them to my computer is the same cord I use for my PS3 (and blueray player in one) AND I'm starting Food INC and will upload in a moment... then crop my dirty yard out as best I can... then post here.
wink.png

And for the sake of being a good sport I'll make my avatar Gus... but only temporarily!! No offense, but no one tops my Elvis boy in my eyes.
wink.png

CONTRAST:

Here is two Coro Sussex just a bit older than yours. First picture is a pullet, second is a cockerel. I got to admit... I wanted to make a joke about them being "contrast photos" Get it?! LOL

47639_sussexpullet1.jpg

47639_sussexroo1.jpg

And tennesseeckn... here are the two Dels I got from you... out in the grow out tractor and going to be able to range in two more days!

47639_hatcherydels1.jpg

I did it!!! I finally posted the pictures I promised!!!

Here is a bigger one of Gus for the heck of it

47639_gus.jpg

Quote:
Yeah for peer pressure!!!
ya.gif

Gus sure is a handsome guy. He KNOWS it too, doesn't he? The girls look great. They weren't nearly that red when they were here. I like the Coronation. They look like they'd be just the kind I like, big and fluffy.

And... shhhh... Don't worry. We won't tell Elvis about the avatar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom