Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nella,

What is over the Cochins? I was thinking of getting a couple older pullets to add to the flock.
Also have an outstanding (I think anyway) Speckled Sussex rooster (20 weeks old) to get rid of. Would prefer him not go to the freezer but our Gold laced Roo just will not tolerate him any longer. They had the flock split for a while and all was good, but the Gold laced has now taken all the girls and the Sussix is always alone in the corner
sad.png
He is free to good home.

My sale pullets are Blue cochin rooster x various hens. Some white leghorn hens, some EE, some Blue Wheaten Ameraucana. I have blues, blacks, white with black spots, a brown/black, buff with a couple black tail feathers.....one of the blacks has a beard, so definitely part EE or EE. They are gorgeous girls.

2011-06-27_19-06-26_709.jpg

2011-06-27_19-06-31_955.jpg

Hi E10 folks! I have never been to the Jefferson Co. fair. I am from Knox Co. but live in Washingtion Co. now. The fair here isn't much to see. I think the Tn Valley Fair in Knoxville is the best and their poultry/rabbit barn in huge! Is the Jefferson Co. fair better?

think ill try to find some Birmingham rollers at the first monday flea market, as the others dont tumble or roll at all, and letting the adult female out with the rest for first time, she apparently led the two boys astray probably for good, as been about a week maybe more and the two remaining that the one came back and the other didnt even leave, dont even leave long if at all. figures the best and worst flyiers and being maybe more mutt looking would be the ones to come back after days (it keeps seeming so nice for days, then freak storms suddenly come up almost as soon as release my birds), so maybe ill get some good fliers but still home bodies if they are opposite sexes, as they try to mate and nest on the empty balcony next door, but come in every night so far though one is getting extremely wild. hopefully ill have the resolve and ride to sell some more chickens. this time with the smaller pigeons im going to keep them in longeror some indefinately after find out which females, maybe keeping girls in so know boys will come back. lol

Last edited:
Jefferson county fair has a lower number of entries usually, but I just entered 20, 2 days ago so looking forward to it, they never advertise it or anything. Its next weekend, I think you can still call your entries in between now and sunday. Most of my birds are molting right now so didnt get to take as many as last year lol.

Quote:
I went to that link. See that some where there was going to be a Brown leghorn club show. I really would like to find 2- 5month old brown leghorn hens.

This is the southeastern contact for the american brown leghorn club. If anyone would know where there might be some blh pullets, he probaby would

Daniel Dysart
946 Mill Road
W oodstock, VA 22664
(540) 459-4736

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom