Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Welcome to our little corner of BYC !!!! We are glad to have you guys.
yippiechickie.gif

welcome-byc.gif

**Show coming up once again for all the new folks.**

Please come out and meet everyone at the Cocke County show in Newport. We will try and gather at 11 in front of the big Rooster by the building entrance.

Nov. 12
Newport
Cocke County
A & I Fairgrounds
Something to Crow About Show
Fall Poultry Show
Ruth Murchison
3231 Buck Horn Road
Sevierville, Tennessee 37876
865-414-7565
-or-
Angie Sutton
865-414-8935

In addition, a member has started a Facebook page for poultry folks in the eastern Tn area. That page is here https://www.facebook.com/pages/East-Tennessee-ChickenPoultry-Lovers-Community/256582814378418

Quote:
Bario...can you make that link into a stickie? I think it has some very reassure information for those concerned about "to heat, or not to heat".
Thanks!

I saw something the other day I have never seen my chickens do. I was standing at the entrance gate to my bantam pen watching the chickens. It is fun just to watch the dynamics that go on with that little flock. I looked down below me and there was my Lav. D'Uccle roo, JoJo standing while my bantam cochin preened his hackle feathers! I watched this for about 15 minutes...the roo closed his eyes and his head started dropping as he lavished in the attention. Then she stopped and walked off...he fluffed all his feathers up, shook and trotted off. I know most house birds like parakeets..etc. will preen each other but never saw my chickens do it. It was kinda sweet.
love.gif
And of course the little cochin is JoJo's main lady.
D.gif

Quote:
Cool, remind me and I'll see if my daughter would like to come with me. My son wasnt real impressed with the one above Morristown we went to, but then again...he's 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom