Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to thank everyone for coming out today to the picnic. I was absolutely a pleasure to meet so many of our members. And the food??
droolin.gif

Unforgettable! I do hope we get to do this again...and maybe some who did not get the chance to come will be able to join us.
@ladyrider....LOVE your cycle!!
@Stang ..thanks for the recipe
@everyone else....I think you guys are great. We have such a special group here and these days....people like that are something to treasure.

I have a pair of sunglasses that where left. Let me know who's they are and I will try to get them to you.

I have a question...2 of my latest chicks are constipated. What can I give them to help??
Thanks everyone!!

Maybe a little vegetable oil in their ration?

I know our old beagle gets that way sometimes when she eats number 2 leaded pencils and the grandbaby's lego toys, and I have to feed her some bacon grease to help limber her bowels up to pass the obstructions.

@TNbarnqueen - Try giving them castor oil, its my other on hand item for bunny blockages... it's oil and a laxative.

GOOD NEWS!! My doe, Sophie may have turned a corner! She ate all the hay I had stocked her cage with!!! She also drank some and finally touched her oats/barley. I felt she must be feeling a bit better so gave her some pellets which she went over and ate some!!
ya.gif
wee.gif

Hi I was at the picnic yesterday...I had a great time....I may have been the one that left the sunglasses....

Last edited:
Ok I think I may have overdone myself with call ducks this year, I wanted to look for a way to improve my lines without paying the usual 300+ per pair for show birds so I am now getting a dozen eggs from wapsi waterfowl and another dozen from another reputable breeder with equally awesome lines and on top of that my own will be laying full swing by the time i get them
hide.gif
. So if anyone is intersted I will defintely have young ducks for sale this fall.

@stang, thanks for that recipe, will so be using that next big family dinner, those are awesome.

Wow... 45 posts since I was last on, I'll catch up later. I did want to say how great it was to meet those I had not yet. Kim said she felt really welcomed and had a nice time (since she usually leaves the chicken stuff to me)

Terri this was a great idea you had and hopefully we can do it again this year sometime and we need to bring a BYC sign for the pictures :)
I did want to apologize to everyone that I got caught up talking chicken anatomy with AJ and did not get to socialize as much as I wanted to with everyone else.....the time really flew by and we had to rush to go get Megan from NC.

@ stang; thanks again for picking up that cage when you got your bator and running it out to the picnic. The argent buck is doing great and is sooooo full of personality. He has not dug thru his food yet but I am designing a different food trough anyway. I got him manna pro food and he seems to like it pretty well.

Good pics AJ; but tell me next time so I can suck in my belly, lol

@ tnbarnqueen. Yep those glasses are mine. I just bought the suckers 2 days ago!!! I swear ADD is kicking in :) I need to go to Morristown tonight or tomorrow, what is your schedule and maybe I can swing by and grab them??

Still not sure I'll make Knoxville show in a couple weeks, but I'll see everyone at Newport in May if not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom