Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
big_smile.png
We need to do it! First, we need to make sure it's not too far for most people!

I can take care of making the arrangements here in Norris.

I enjoyed meeting your wife, too. She's nice enough to be a chicken-person.
lol.png

I think DH just wanted to prove that he could build it. He's not said anything else about mass production since he finished the one for me. Of course, with the weather turning warm so fast he really didn't have a "down" season this year. That could have something to do with it...

I loved meeting everyone. It's great to be able to put faces with names.

I am battling the b-word right now. I have four down and counting. My SLW scared the bajeebies out of me tonight. She didn't growl, but attempted to rip my hand off when I went to get her eggs. Needless to say, she still has her eggs. Every time I start to feel like a serious flock master they just HAVE to prove who's really in charge.

I was at the Kingsport TSC today. They got in RIR and Americauna pullets, cornish, Barred Rock st run, assorted pullets, and assorted red pullets( production red, RIR, and New Hampshire red). They also had some kind of really pretty ducks dark lokked like black/brown, but I'm not a duck person so I don't know what they were.

The ducklings were probably khaki campbells if they were a dark brown. Those are pretty much the best egg laying poultry there is. An old variety was reported to lay on average 340 eggs a year... have I done my weekly buy ducks rant yet? I need more people raising ducks to feed my habit... it's so hard to find anyone close that raises anything besides pekin or mallard.

The ducklings were probably khaki campbells if they were a dark brown. Those are pretty much the best egg laying poultry there is. An old variety was reported to lay on average 340 eggs a year... have I done my weekly buy ducks rant yet? I need more people raising ducks to feed my habit... it's so hard to find anyone close that raises anything besides pekin or mallard.

I have a duck question. What do you do in the winter,to keep a constant source of water, when the temps are freezing and below? I'm in the Asheville,NC area. Our last winter was mild but the two before that were nasty. I don't have any ducks just chickens,a lot of chickens! If I were to get ducks I like the calls or the khaki campbells or the muskovy. Thanks.

Ya'll are just too far. I'm closer to Chattanooga then Knoxville. 30miles north east of. Matter of fact this week my son is on spring break and we are @ Harrison Bay state park camping.But would love to hang and talk chicken to others who don't think I've lost my mind. And who know you don't need a rooster to have eggs! You wouldn't believe how many times I've gotten that question.
I'm just saying.
hu.gif

Ya'll are just too far. I'm closer to Chattanooga then Knoxville. 30miles north east of. Matter of fact this week my son is on spring break and we are @ Harrison Bay state park camping.But would love to hang and talk chicken to others who don't think I've lost my mind. And who know you don't need a rooster to have eggs! You wouldn't believe how many times I've gotten that question.
I'm just saying.
hu.gif

Know EXACTLY what ya mean.
Most people just think I'm crazy when I say you "do not have to have a roo".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom