Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Terry your boy joined the flock last night on his own. He left the private pen I had him in and went into the main coop with the others. He roamed the yard with the younger ones today. No big fights! Just some feather pulling from the girls. They are doing a new pecking order since I moved some out and brought babies in. Looks like Ester is still on top. She is my first chicken. She lays double mint green eggs. A couple months ago she laid an 95 gram egg.
You know that had to hurt
ep.gif

RIR lg eggs and EE's
Yours went in with everyone last night. They have really integrated pretty smoothly. One hen and the roo have done a little pecking but that is normal for her.
I had an egg laid that was about that size. One of my black stars lays huge eggs too...I have never found a carton they will fit in.
Glad he is doing good!

Ok, it was brought to my attention that we need some kind of activity for our get together, and one of our members have come up with an idea. If everyone who wants to participate will bring a $5 gift that is farm related we.will do a rock draw to see who will start and the person who draws the different rock will pick a gift he likes then the next person can either take the first guys choice or pick one that he wants and it'll go around. Like a Santa party, in June, no need to wrap the item. It can be chicken related or farm related.

Where is this next picnic? I missed that post. Can someone post a link because if it's not close to where we live we might need the gps address
big_smile.png

I love the idea for the $5 gift swap, sounds like lots of fun.

Norris state park, just Google it and easy to find. We will find a way to make it easy to find us at one of the pavilions closer to time.

Thanks, I found the website, Is the whole park by chance pet friendly, we will have a new puppy this week and it's going to be so small im afraid to leave it at home with the others. I hope the fishing is good there lol since ive never been to that lake Im planning on gettting there way early just to try it out.

Thanks, I found the website, Is the whole park by chance pet friendly, we will have a new puppy this week and it's going to be so small im afraid to leave it at home with the others. I hope the fishing is good there lol since ive never been to that lake Im planning on gettting there way early just to try it out.
I don't know about fishing, but it's one of the cleanest lakes! I'd say as long as you have it leashed or under your control (since it's a puppy) that they won't say anything to you.

The waters below the dam are some of the best trout water in the southeast. I believe a few record brown trout have been pulled out of there. Just make sure you have a trout stamp if you fish in the river. As far as the lake goes, I'm a crummy fisher and have only ever caught bluegill and maybe a bass or two, it is a very pretty lake though.

This hardly ever happens but I have a friend looking for a buff orp cockerel. Her girls are hatchery so she's not too picky about showmanship. She just likes their personalities.

This hardly ever happens but I have a friend looking for a buff orp cockerel. Her girls are hatchery so she's not too picky about showmanship. She just likes their personalities.
My aunt said that my cousin has quite a few Buffs. I will ask her and find out if he may have one. It may be a few days. We just found out one of my cousins, I was close to growing up, his 20 yr. old son committed suicide. All over a girl. I just don't understand. We just lost his brother year and half ago...so...family is going through a rough patch right now. But I will let you know what I find out.

Yep....TWRA are on the warpath concerning proper fishing/hunting license and stamps this year!

Sorry for your loss barnqueen :( that is awful.

Our chickens were fine while we were gone over the wkd :) I think I worried for nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom