Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I have a question. Does anyone here know anything about Wisner Farms in Dandridge? Good or bad? If you don't want to say here, please pm me. My friend is wanting to go up there to get a few laying hens and I thought about going with her and picking up a couple but would like to know of their reputation first.

Thanks
I got a couple of extra rooster off them a few years ago.
At that time they had a decent setup.
Have not been there since, they do not breed anything I do.

The roos I got were both big and healthy.

With what I know, I would say go ahead.

However: As with any place or any breeder, If YOU do not like the looks just walk away.

I have seen pictures of some hitcher's set up then when you get there is is NOT what you expect.
Remember gas is cheap compared to bringing something into your flock.

Well, you all are failing at being a support group. ENABLERS!!!

I went ahead and paid for some more eggs to try again on the dwarfs and Japanese. It was supposed to be all for a broody who broke herself anyways. AGH!!! And it is NOVEMBER!!!

We got 6 australorps from them last year they have mave made some really good layers & good mommas. They were in quarentine as you should do with any chicken. They have really incorparated into the flock so well. They had hatchery stock but good looking to our eye they got reasonable size good feathering had some nice green sheen to their feathers.
They will also help you learn to process or do it for you. They have turkeys as well.

Thanks for the replies, we live a distance from them so I hoped to get some positive feedback.

I think it is a little far to drive for a few hens (90 miles one way) so not sure I am up for it. May wait til spring for me. :)

Is anyone going to the Dalton, GA show next Saturday?

CARPET CITY BANTAM CLUB "FALL CLASSIC" ***ALL BANTAM SHOW***

When: Saturday November 26, 2011
Where: North Georgia Fair Grounds
500 Legion Dr.
Dalton GA 30721

500 Legion Dr.
Dalton GA 30721
I have plans to go. Not to show, just to look & maybe find a couple (or so lol) bantam Cochin. Planning on being there early
smile.png

500 Legion Dr.
Dalton GA 30721
I'm so sick of Georgia I can't see straight! LOL

500 Legion Dr.
Dalton GA 30721
I plan to go--it's a lot closer for me than most of you. I have been several times and it has always had a lot of enteries and birds for sale. I think the weather is supposed to be good, if my weatherman is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom