Eastern Washington

Hi guys! I am hoping to use the deep litter method so I can use the 'compost' in the spring in our garden boxes... but I'm also considering using Sweet PDZ to help with odor and such... does anyone here know if PDZ is okay in compost used as vegetable fertilizer?

Hi Everybody,
So glad to have found this thread. I moved to Spokane a year ago. I grew up here, but was gone for 30 years. (Air Force) Like someone else I read, I too am so glad to have a house that is now mine and no more moving. We bought a five acre farm near the Idaho state line.
The first thing I did was order chicks and buy a big shed/coop. Hubby has been so good about building me anything I wanted.

I so fell in love with having chickens I bought an incubator to have long term sustainability of my own flock. I will be hatching a few soon. I sure love reading about others' experiences and learning all I can. I think I will be going to Big R next week and getting a few Red Rangers and test our hand at raising meat birds.

I currently have 17 hens of a very mixed flock and an adopted Welsummer roo. My favorites are my Welsummer hens and a Blue Andalusian. She is the sweetest thing ever. I look forward to the years ahead in one place, putting down roots and getting to know you through this forum. Just wanted to say hi.

Hi Everybody,
So glad to have found this thread. I moved to Spokane a year ago. I grew up here, but was gone for 30 years. (Air Force) Like someone else I read, I too am so glad to have a house that is now mine and no more moving. We bought a five acre farm near the Idaho state line.
The first thing I did was order chicks and buy a big shed/coop. Hubby has been so good about building me anything I wanted.

I so fell in love with having chickens I bought an incubator to have long term sustainability of my own flock. I will be hatching a few soon. I sure love reading about others' experiences and learning all I can. I think I will be going to Big R next week and getting a few Red Rangers and test our hand at raising meat birds.

I currently have 17 hens of a very mixed flock and an adopted Welsummer roo. My favorites are my Welsummer hens and a Blue Andalusian. She is the sweetest thing ever. I look forward to the years ahead in one place, putting down roots and getting to know you through this forum. Just wanted to say hi.
Welcome Divannah. It will be nice to put down roots and settle in--you have nice chicken breeds.

Hi Divanna, We came home to settle after the Air Force also, that was a long time ago. Our kids are all grown up and now we get to do the things that we want to. Yay! chickens, chicks, lots of fun around here. You can learn a lot on BYC.

Welcome Divanna! We have a lot in common, settling down from life in the Army. I just incubated my first batch of my own chicks, and we just ordered our first batch of red rangers :). I have butchered the cockerels from previous incubation of shipped eggs, but this will be my first time processing more than 2 birds wt once. We will see! At any rate, welcome, good luck, and have fun!

Anybody start their Easter planning yet? We will be out of town that weekend, and have a diet change for Turdy Bird. Started making a bunny family out of pom poms, thinking if I get some different colored poms made I can make some baby chicks. One of my baby bunnies looked like a silky chick with a really fluffy leg area and kind of skinny body. So instead of finding eggs filled with candy, he and his baby brother will find homemade candy and small toys in the eggs. I am kind of sad he will miss out on the big Easter Egg hunt that the town puts on, but we are going to be up in Seattle for Nissan Fest. It's easier to have a fun morning at the zoo(if it is open) and an Easter egg hunt when we get home that evening, with candy I won't have to go through and pull out his favorite ones. Instead we will made some homemade Reese bites, hide some toys around the yard and maybe have a special dinner. Maybe next year they will find a couple real animals in the yard. Figure I will talk to a girl friend for a couple of adult bunnies and maybe some chicks.

Are we allowed to post for sale on this thread? If not where?

Hopefully a moderator can answer that, I'd like to know too! I did not see any rules against it but that doesn't mean there aren't any. I miss a lot of things lol. I guess I will go start a thread in either swap or sale catergory and you can post there if you would like!

Back
Top Bottom