Eastern Washington

Anybody start their Easter planning yet? We will be out of town that weekend, and have a diet change for Turdy Bird. Started making a bunny family out of pom poms, thinking if I get some different colored poms made I can make some baby chicks. One of my baby bunnies looked like a silky chick with a really fluffy leg area and kind of skinny body. So instead of finding eggs filled with candy, he and his baby brother will find homemade candy and small toys in the eggs. I am kind of sad he will miss out on the big Easter Egg hunt that the town puts on, but we are going to be up in Seattle for Nissan Fest. It's easier to have a fun morning at the zoo(if it is open) and an Easter egg hunt when we get home that evening, with candy I won't have to go through and pull out his favorite ones. Instead we will made some homemade Reese bites, hide some toys around the yard and maybe have a special dinner. Maybe next year they will find a couple real animals in the yard. Figure I will talk to a girl friend for a couple of adult bunnies and maybe some chicks.

Sounds like a fun Easter, going to the zoo would make my kids very happy! We usually go to RLM's Easter egg hunt, and then celebrate at church. We have so many chicks right now, I hope by Easter not to have lil fuzz balls all over! :lol:

Finley got some babies in. About half of what I ordered so far. About half of the CWC's ate showing color. :)

THAT'S HALF OF WHAT YOU ORDERED? Wow, good for you!!! :)
Still debating on doing some meat birds again. If I can find Rangers I'd like to try them this time as the Cornish X were not enjoyable to deal with! I bought 8 more layer chicks (SLW, BSL & BO) hoping to have better winter output. Wish I could've found older pullets in those breeds nearby to bump up my egg numbers sooner, but I sure love chicks!

So I got crazy and ordered 3 turkey poults along with my red rangers and barred rocks. I am planning on housing them with my chickens, but wanted to know if anyone has done this, or if you know of any potential problems? I will ask on another forum if no-one knows, but thought I would start local :)

So I got crazy and ordered 3 turkey poults along with my red rangers and barred rocks. I am planning on housing them with my chickens, but wanted to know if anyone has done this, or if you know of any potential problems? I will ask on another forum if no-one knows, but thought I would start local :)

It's best to keep Turkeys and chickens seperate due to Blackhead disease. However, many people do keep them together without issue.

I've raised mine together for over 30 years without any problems except over eager toms injuries.

THAT'S HALF OF WHAT YOU ORDERED? Wow, good for you!!! :)
Still debating on doing some meat birds again. If I can find Rangers I'd like to try them this time as the Cornish X were not enjoyable to deal with! I bought 8 more layer chicks (SLW, BSL & BO) hoping to have better winter output. Wish I could've found older pullets in those breeds nearby to bump up my egg numbers sooner, but I sure love chicks!

My Cornish x's should be in today and bronze turks in the next couple of weeks. It's gonna be a crowded little brooder for a couple of days. Totally crossing my fingers as not one lost yet, still 25 of them. I usually lose at least one per batch. Ya don't happen to know if anybody needs a EE Cockeral do ya?

Last edited:
My Cornish x's should be in today and bronze turks in the next couple of weeks. It's gonna be a crowded little brooder for a couple of days. Totally crossing my fingers as not one lost yet, still 25 of them. I usually lose at least one per batch. Ya don't happen to know if anybody needs a EE Cockeral do ya?

Unfortunately no. I currently have two little roos that I adore (JB and a Silkie). I will eventually get a standard sized one, but probably not until they are gone. I had luck putting extras in Craigslist before, but you certainly cannot be sure what will be done with them. I didn't list them for free hoping that at the worst they would make a meal.

Back
Top Bottom