Eastern Washington

Hey if anyone wants a GORGEOUS Light Sussex rooster, Creve or Spangled Orloff chicks, please let me know! I also have some Muscovys (four different colors) under two different broodies right now and some golden laced cochins (standards) under a broody right now....oh and a Sebbie gander....
frow.gif

This is hard to explain....but I will try....The "family" has been out free ranging all day (much to the demise of parts of my garden)...anyway, I went out to check on everyone. 2 girls were on the outside shelf of the window, but on the run side (so good and safe, but not in the coop). I went and counted in the coop. I was missing 4 girls. Where in the heck would they be? Well, my coop is my kid's old playhouse. The play house is 2-story...sure enough, in the window cutout in the upstairs...there were roosting 4 little girls. Had to have 2 sons and hubby make a "bucket line" and we carefully plucked the girls out of the window cutout and placed them in the run....will shut up the coop little later. Here is a photo of the coop/playhouse to give you an idea. I should have taken a photo of this, but didn't think about it.

My coop/playhouse combo.
56740_david_and_georgia_radford_011.jpg

Well, I thought I had a finished picture....this is the "still in process" photo...but you can see the playhouse. No one uses it much any more so I converted the bottom into a coop. The run is where all the posts are, and there is a skirting of fence on the outside and inside, outside 12 inches is covered in big heavy rocks. We then covered the top with heavy landscape fabric. It actually is a pretty okie-dokie run. The coop needs more work before winter...but it is pretty snazy right now. How many coops do you know of that have a slide? Huh?
celebrate.gif

Quote:
I've told my Wife many times once we get over Steven's Pass headed to our favorite places I start to feel so much better. I know exactly what you mean by that.

That's how I felt. Now we live over here and I still feel the same way when I visit over the west side and head back home!

Quote:
Are you meaning the lake on Big Buck Ranch, up the Twisp River Rd? There are a couple of lakes up there...I am not sure where Buck Lake is in Winthrop? I grew up in Twisp. Graduated from Liberty Bell. There is Perrigan lake, it has a state Park.

Buck lake is small, past Perrigan lake. It's hard to find if you don't know what you're looking for that's for sure!

We should seriously all plan a trip, its a nice lil place!

Quote:
Are you meaning the lake on Big Buck Ranch, up the Twisp River Rd? There are a couple of lakes up there...I am not sure where Buck Lake is in Winthrop? I grew up in Twisp. Graduated from Liberty Bell. There is Perrigan lake, it has a state Park.

Buck lake is small, past Perrigan lake. It's hard to find if you don't know what you're looking for that's for sure!

We should seriously all plan a trip, its a nice lil place!

I remember now...i had to ask DH to tell me where it is. I have only been up around it a few times and that was years ago....seems like 100 years ago.

I live on the east side ;30 mls south of the spokane valley in Fairfield. luv to join!!!
our animals
2 mini dachs ; weiner dogs bo & gabby
1 ragdoll cat- molly
3 mini rex rabbits name change to often to tell
5 black sex links
3 polish
1 white sultan
1 goldfish - cheech

Back
Top Bottom