Easy bean snack recipe or great appetizer nibbles

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by flowerchild59, Aug 20, 2010.

1. flowerchild59

flowerchild59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Southern IL
    I love to do this recipe. You can flavor the beans with whatever is your fancy. Oil the beans with a tablespoon of oil first then decide your seasoning. Say you want a mexican appetizer, toss the beans with garlic, lemon or lime juice, salt, cumin and chili powder. I bet you could also use the taco seasoning that is in your pantry that is 5 years old.

Or Italian mixture..........take a tsp of garlic salt, and black pepper, and finely minced dried italian herbs. I like rosemary in there too. Coat the beans with a tablespoon of oiil and toss around then add the italian mixture.

Take a can of beans, I like to use cannelli or garbanzo beans and rinse well.

Mix your seasoning of choice in a medium bowl. Dump in the seasoning and toss around to coat. A tablespoon of oil would work well at this point too.

Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 to 350 degrees till drying out somewhat and "skin popping". You can cook them as dry as you like. I usually taste them several times til I like their texture.

2. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    You did not say they had to be healthy right?

1 can of no bean chilli we usually use nalley's to one 8 ounce pack of cream cheese melt down together. Then use cheese dorittos and/or ritz crackers to dip in they are both our favorites. I usually make this for thanksgiving and christmas for snacks waiting for dinner to be done. I will do 2-3 cans with 2-3 packs of cream cheese. I put it in a small crock pot and then let it heat up once warm it will stir together well.

I also sometimes do cream cheese either ham or bacon bits with cream cheese and green onion the same way as above.

Another favorite of our family's is.....take thin sliced pepperoni, hard salami, geno salami and put a small smear of cream chesse in them and roll them up and eat. I make a big platter of this usually again on holidays. You can use any kind of meat turkey, ham, roast beef. You can also put olives in the cream cheese black or green.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by