Easy to make gosling toy for hours of entertainment :)

EvenLater

Chirping
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois
So I've always been a little crafty when it comes to toys, because I'm "thrifty" (or cheap really LOL) and don't like spending money on something that will be destroyed anyway (like toys for my parrot lol) so I got creative and came up with a cheap and easy to make toy for Cas, that has kept him playing happily for hours and thought I'd share it with you all!

What I used:

1 wire hanger
pack of plastic drinking straws
a few colorful wooden 'beads'
a few strands of colored 'rope'
a bell

Tools:

a wire snips and/or needle nose pliers

I cut the bottom straight piece off the wire hanger, and used the plies to bend an end into a loop but not all the way closed so I could use this to hang it in his pen. Then I alternated wooden beads and pieces of drinking straws (punch the hanger through the middle of the straw pieces) until I had just about filled the length of the wire. I bent the bottom end into a hook, slid the bell on and then bent the hook the rest of the way closed. Here is Cas playing with the end result.

He absolutely loves this thing, it's "gosling safe", and all together cost me about $1 because I had straws and the hanger! LOL I just thought I'd share the idea with you fellow House Goose "weirdos" like me!
lau.gif

I was just about to ask you where you got that toy. This looks like hours of entertainment and I think I have most of that stuff lying around the house. Thanks!

He hasn't stopped playing with it since I hung it up this morning, other than to run over eat, drink then run back to his toy! Lol
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom