Eating Chicken Eggs after Girls have been treated with Corid.

jbean0713

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2015
Connecticut
Hello Everyone and Good Evening,

I recently lost one of my girls. I believe it was to a parasite so for my remaining 2 ladies I am giving them a preventative dose of Corid. I have followed the appropriate steps and have put some in there 5 gallon heated water container:/. It will take them about a week to drink a good portion of it. Can I eat the eggs when the chickens are drinking the water with Corid in it and if not how long should I wait after the dosage is over to eat the eggs again. Any feedback would be awesome!:/

Hello Everyone and Good Evening,

I recently lost one of my girls. I believe it was to a parasite so for my remaining 2 ladies I am giving them a preventative dose of Corid. I have followed the appropriate steps and have put some in there 5 gallon heated water container:/. It will take them about a week to drink a good portion of it. Can I eat the eggs when the chickens are drinking the water with Corid in it and if not how long should I wait after the dosage is over to eat the eggs again. Any feedback would be awesome!
hmm.png

I do not have time to look right now but I was thinking corid should be mixed fresh daily-----you do not want to waste the medicine so only mix what they will drink in a day. You should be able to google how long you have to hold the eggs if its not on the pack.

welcome-byc.gif

corid has no withdrawal period for eggs.

As an fyi, it's only effective against cocci. If that's not what killed your bird, it's not going to help your others.

Back
Top Bottom