eating cracked eggs

AZ CHICK

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 2, 2013
Gilbert
When i collect eggs sometimes some of them have a small crack but not deep enough for anything to come out.can we keep those eggs and eat them?

When I collect an egg like that, I usually cook it up right away so that it doesn't sit in the fridge for a long time. Plus, if someone takes it out unknowing of the crack, it may break and fall on the floor or break in the fridge. Then you just have a mess.

Oooo thanks for asking this question. I have been cooking and eating the slightly cracked ones immediately and then tossing it if it was severely cracked or pecked at. Seems like I am on track.

I usually cook up the cracked or really dirty eggs for the dogs/chickens. I have a bowl I keep in the fridge just for them until I cook them. If they were clean and just had surface cracks I would have no problem eating them myself.

If the membrane is intact, I'll eat it. If it's a deep crack, it gets tossed to the dogs.

I think the dogs have something set up with the hens to crack a few eggs every so often....

If the membrane is intact, I'll eat it. If it's a deep crack, it gets tossed to the dogs.

I think the dogs have something set up with the hens to crack a few eggs every so often....

Hahaha
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom