Eating fertile Eggs.

Quote:
Hey, I wasn't there. I don't know how they took care of their chickens... Given my grandmother and mother's track record, the eggs were probably collected once a week.
lol.png
They're not big on pets.

LOL, could you imagine that happening to you? I think I would wet my pants!

Quote:
Ewwwww!!!
ep.gif
I am impressed that she will eat eggs anymore at all! YUCK!!! And I thought that finding an eyeball in a hard boiled egg once was bad.
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
According to his wife, he read that fertilized eggs were unhealthy. It sounded strange to me also.
hmm.png

Maybe her hubby just hates roosters like you said. Although I like the whole Freudian, sperm avoidance reason that a couple posters suggested.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh my! How does something like that happen? Were they store bought eggs or did they come from someone's backyard.

Quote:
I have had the pleasure of witnessing this first hand. Not exactly what I expected. It is not like they just bite into the whole thing. Apparently most do not eat th egg white. They savor the "soup" first and then the chick goes down the hatch. After about the third time seeing this lunch spectacle it no longer phased me. Still, I am not going to be trying it any time soon.

I heard that fertile eggs are healthier. Likely based on a premise that you collect eggs often.and refrigerate immediately. I know I got rid of my two roosters, not because I didn't want fertile eggs but because I didn't want to wake up at 4:30 AM everyday. Nevertheless, the first egg was fertile and I could tell by the spot on the shell and the little black dot on the inside. It was still warm when I collected it.

Quote:
The only way to know if an egg is fertilized or not is by looking at the white bullseye spot on the yolk. There is nothing on the shell to tell you that it is fertilized, also, I don't know what the black dot was, but that also has nothing with the egg being fertilized or not. Also, all eggs are warm just after the hen lays them.

Back
Top Bottom