Eating smart regardless of how you classify your style

Pics

Pollo Blanco

Free Ranging
13 Years
Jun 8, 2010
Western Washington
Eating lower on the food chain and sourcing local are some of the best ways to get healthier nutrition.
Don't fall for fads!

Attachments

• Plant based meat.png
    Plant based meat.png
    490 KB · Views: 606
yeah i prefer my own home grown stuff. i dont like raising my birds just to eat but after trying "chicken" from the store and it being spongy i may do just that
I typically get the organic free range from Trader Joe's and they taste the best to me, and like you said, the texture thing really matters too.
I tend to limit my chicken consumption because they're high in Omega 6 fatty acid, but, if the worst you do nutritionally is eat chickens that do a lot of forage, you're doing quite well.
We purchased some pastured only chickens and they tasted like old fish. I'm guessing that their Omega 3 content was much higher than what I was used to.

@The Chick Addict
Here's the rice recipe. I cook it in an instant pot!
Two cups long grain rice
One cup chicken stock
One cup filtered water
One teaspoon sea salt
Three tablespoons avocado oil
One clove of garlic, crushed
Two tablespoons minced onion
Two tablespoons minced celery
Two tablespoons minced parsley (optional)

Cook for 15 minutes (rice button) and de select Keep Warm button. Let the pot sit for five minutes after it's finished cooking, release steam and fluff rice with the rice spoon.
Stir parsley in or garnish rice before serving.

Do you buy orange juice at the store? If you do, I’m sure you’re careful to buy the kind that’s 100% juice and not made from concentrate. After all, that’s the healthier kind, right? The more natural kind? The kind without any additives? The kind that’s sold in the refrigerator section so it must be almost as good as fresh-squeezed orange juice?

If I’m describing you, then you’re either going to hate me or love me by the time you’re done reading this post. The truth is, that orange juice you feel so good about buying is probably none of those things. You’ve been making assumptions based on logic. The food industry follows its own logic because of the economies of scale. What works for you in your kitchen when making a glass or two of juice simply won’t work when trying to process thousands upon thousands of gallons of the stuff.

Haven’t you ever wondered why every glass of Tropicana Pure Premium orange juice tastes the same, no matter where in the world you buy it or what time of year you’re drinking it in? Or maybe your brand of choice is Minute Maid or Simply Orange?

You should be hearing alarm bells in your head right about now!

https://www.foodrenegade.com/secret-ingredient-your-orange-juice/

Back
Top Bottom