Eating smart regardless of how you classify your style

I was thinking of the differences in lifestyle (exercise, rest, among others) that affect overall health too. Not just dietary ones. Sorry, I didn't make that clear.
The study was based solely on food intake, which is why eliminating those groups from the study was a major mistake. The high animal fats in their diet didn't cause high circulating cholesterol in their blood.
We eat stuff that isn't food. We eat too much. We don't eat enough plants.
The further north you live, the less plants you eat, for obvious reasons.
Past a certain parallel, you simply cannot make a go of it without animals.
This is why identifying the fraud within the biggest and most influential cholesterol study is so important.

Other than saturated fat, I can’t think of a nutrient that’s been so universally maligned and demonized as salt. All the experts hate it and recommend that we get as little of it as possible. They even all seem to have their own little anti-salt slogans. The American Diabetes Association recommends between 2300 and 1500 mg of sodium per day (“Be Sodium Savvy”). The American Heart Association wants you eating less than 1500 mg per day and claims that 97% of young people already eat way too much salt. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association) also recommends keeping sodium below 2300 mg.

Why has salt been cast in such a negative light?

https://www.marksdailyapple.com/salt-what-is-it-good-for/

Really interesting article.

I recently read a piece about the flu pandemic of 1918, and the author was trying to find out why so many healthy people succumbed so quickly. There was a fairly new "miracle drug" that was being touted, aspirin. The doses, however, were much higher than what we now know is safe. The author concluded that many of those who died may have drowned in their own bodily fluids due to excessive amounts of aspirin.

I'll see if I can find the article.

Haven’t you ever wondered why every glass of Tropicana Pure Premium orange juice tastes the same, no matter where in the world you buy it or what time of year you’re drinking it in? Or maybe your brand of choice is Minute Maid or Simply Orange?
You know, the orange juices you get here, (and yes the ones made with concentrate as well)
always taste different, from batch to batch.
The same with cheese, some are smooth and creamy, others are sharp and brittle.

Really interesting article.

I recently read a piece about the flu pandemic of 1918, and the author was trying to find out why so many healthy people succumbed so quickly. There was a fairly new "miracle drug" that was being touted, aspirin. The doses, however, were much higher than what we now know is safe. The author concluded that many of those who died may have drowned in their own bodily fluids due to excessive amounts of aspirin.

I'll see if I can find the article.
Yes, salicylic acid can tax your liver for vitamin C.
I have read other articles about how the dust storm in Kansas caused an outbreak of TB during the so called 'Spanish flu'.
Yes, we were at war with Spain, no, the flu didn't originate there.

You know, the orange juices you get here, (and yes the ones made with concentrate as well)
always taste different, from batch to batch.
The same with cheese, some are smooth and creamy, others are sharp and brittle.
Not here in the US, but yes I agree, the wonderful grass fed cheese that I purchase from England always has a wonderful flavor that varies with the seasons! 😃

Back
Top Bottom