Eating Styrofoam brooder......help

Quote:
Lol! That's exactly what went through my mind when I saw them doing it. I was like, "What the heck chickies, do you think it's popcorn or something?! No no no!" They just cheeped and ran to a new corner. They don't like me yet, I haven't started feeding treats.

duct tape while making a new one

but chickens will take a crack at ANYTHING i had a few spent shotgun shells littering my yard the chickens where running all over with them thinking they where... god knows what

lol. Well, the birds in the barn are picky and wont eat things too hard, too cold, too wet, too....whatever lol

Found cardboard and taped it up.

The Styrofoam eating thing was one reason why I decided against using it for my brooders. I went with the Rubbermaid bins. I really wanted to find a use for those Styrofoam chests I get with mailed perishables!

I have chickens who will come into the house and LOOK for Styrofoam peanuts from packing, after one found the bag where I stored 'em and pecked a hole in it so they spilled out onto the kitchen floor. (Right next to my back door, where they sneak in if the dogs have pushed the screen door open...)

I don't know how they shared the information, but I have chased more than one chicken out of the house, and snatched a Styrofoam bit from 'em. Jeez, I guess some of those things rolled under the table and I missed 'em!

If they are the green edible ones, that would be fine, but what's with pets and wanting to eat non-edible things..? lol.

Back
Top Bottom