Eating turkey eggs?

The answer to the question of eggs is, yes you can eat turkey, duck and goose eggs. Here at the Black Duck Ranch in Kansas City, Kansas we produce four types of eggs. The forth being chicken eggs. I made some wonderful Deviled eggs with chicken, duck, turkey and one goose egg. The Deviled goose egg served three people.
The only difference between a chicken eggs and the other eggs is the thickness of the shell and membrane plus duck eggs make your pastry better.

Turkey eggs seem "wetter".
Duck eggs can be rubbery, unless I add a little milk/water to it.
Duck eggs are pretty good in baked stuff, but I've made some pretty HUGE cakes/muffins with turkey eggs!

The membrane is so strong that you can peel a raw turkey egg shell off and still have the membrane intact holding the egg together.
Great to show kids, they love it.

Hi yes I have eaten turkey eggs in fact I have a turkey who is laying eggs for me.
They are good. A rich yellow yolk and pretty clear white. I had a friend try it too
and she loved it better then chickens.
I just don't know how often she is suppose to have them, some mornings I will find one
broken a very soft shell and the yolk is next to it. And then find another egg prefect.

Of course you can eat turkey eggs AND THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!!!!! I prefer turkey eggs over chicken eggs so does my youngest DD the rest of my family doesn't have a preference. The only problem with turkey eggs is they are seasonal and most eggs are dedicated for hatching out poults. I always sneak a few inbetween and then also eat the eggs when Im done hatching for the season.

Hi yes I have eaten turkey eggs in fact I have a turkey who is laying eggs for me.
They are good. A rich yellow yolk and pretty clear white. I had a friend try it too
and she loved it better then chickens.
I just don't know how often she is suppose to have them, some mornings I will find one
broken a very soft shell and the yolk is next to it. And then find another egg prefect.
Did she just start laying?? What is she eating?? My girls eat commercial turkey pellets and the shells are HARD.

Welcome o BYC.

Of course you can eat turkey eggs AND THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!!!!! I prefer turkey eggs over chicken eggs so does my youngest DD the rest of my family doesn't have a preference. The only problem with turkey eggs is they are seasonal and most eggs are dedicated for hatching out poults. I always sneak a few inbetween and then also eat the eggs when Im done hatching for the season.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :drool

Turkey eggs have 3 times the amount of cholestrol in one large chicken egg, while they may be tasty they are not very healthy for humans in the long run. Just an FYI ;)

Turkey eggs have 3 times the amount of cholestrol in one large chicken egg, while they may be tasty they are not very healthy for humans in the long run. Just an FYI
wink.png

Every cell in your body has it. With out it you would be dead.
Research the myths we have been told about Cholesterol
Don't buy into the evil high Cholesterol pharmaceutical scam until you understand what Cholesterol really is and what it really does.
There is a lot of money in selling pills.

http://www.westonaprice.org/know-your-fats/cholesterol-friend-or-foe

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...making-sense-of-your-cholesterol-numbers.aspx

Back
Top Bottom