eBay?? But what else?

Shipping eggs does affect the hatch rate. If they have a good trip to you then you might only lose a few eggs, but if they have a rough trip then you'll be very lucky to get anything to hatch.

I hatched shipped eggs and eggs we picked up (3 hours drive from us) at the same time in the same incubator. Out of the eggs we picked up 9 out of 10 hatched. Out of the shipped eggs only 3 out of 8 hatched (and they were all cockerels). I tried again with shipped eggs from the same person, ordering 12 (thinking I might get 4-6 to hatch) and that time they must've had a good trip as 9 ended up hatching successfully.

If you can find a private breeder it's worth the trip to pick the eggs up rather than leaving them to the mercy of the postal system.

Shipping eggs does affect the hatch rate. If they have a good trip to you then you might only lose a few eggs, but if they have a rough trip then you'll be very lucky to get anything to hatch.

I hatched shipped eggs and eggs we picked up (3 hours drive from us) at the same time in the same incubator. Out of the eggs we picked up 9 out of 10 hatched. Out of the shipped eggs only 3 out of 8 hatched (and they were all cockerels). I tried again with shipped eggs from the same person, ordering 12 (thinking I might get 4-6 to hatch) and that time they must've had a good trip as 9 ended up hatching successfully.

If you can find a private breeder it's worth the trip to pick the eggs up rather than leaving them to the mercy of the postal system.
Ok that's interesting. Thank you!

Ok that's interesting. Thank you!
In the states, I order from Myshire Farm, and they have to be shipped. They are experts on shipping, and I usually have 80% + hatchrate. So, It all depends on if the persons or company knows what they are doing.

Myshire Farm has guested a few times on Coturnix Corner. But they do have livestream themselves on Youtube. Just do a search on youtube for Myshire Farm. There is someone in England that ships eggs, but I don't remember the name. He is reputable as well. Come to Sundays at 7 P.M. EST and try for the free egg give away from that person. You just have to put where you are from at the end of your question.

Back
Top Bottom