Ebay Fustration

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bishopschickens, Dec 8, 2010.

1. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    Well dealing with a buyer that has me a bit concerned. Started off ok with exchanging emails about a large order of eggs $135.00 total. I explained it would take 2 weeks to get the eggs due to orders ahead of hers. After agreeing on a few terms (such as combined shipping) she did show a concern about having the eggs shipped in the cold (I am in Virginia and at the time it was flirting with being 70. However I said we did ship priority and it would take 2 days to get to her.

5 days later I get an email asking if I had shipped the eggs and I said no as we discussed the eggs wouldn't be shipped for a while. Then last week I emailed to let them know I would ship either Saturday or Monday. I received an email back saying to please ship Monday and we did with fresh eggs no older than 3 days (our policy).

Monday came and I shipped and sent another email stating they had shipped. Tuesday I get an email saying where is the tracking number. After having a situation with the USPS "tracking Numbers" that don't show anything until delivered and don't protect you until then I said the heck with them. Not worth the money. Any how sent them an email back explaining this and said they would be there the next day (today). An email came back after that explaining it was free with priority (It's not) and would help me get my money quicker from Paypal (that made me feel a bit odd).

Well today I get an email stating they arrived but felt pretty cold and they were upset I did not add a heating pack. Also that is they wanted to spend this amount of money on eggs to be cold they would have gone to their local market and bought eggs off the fridge truck. While I understand the concern out of about 60 packages mailed in the last month this is my only complaint. Also this package only went to TN and where I am it's been cold but not extreme. Last year we mailed lot's and never got complained and it was rough here in VA with over 50" of snow in places and temps barely reaching freezing for months. So finally I stated I was sorry they felt cold but if they were that concerned with having a heating pack why didn't they ask before as we could have made arrangements for that. Just one of those things I never did and have not had trouble in years of shipping. Now I just feel this is a set up for some "free eggs" on ebay. I always work with someone who has had a problem and are level headed during the whole situation. Sorry to keep going on but just needed to yell calmly and quitely. I feel better now lol.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    What kind of idiot orders hatching eggs in December and then crys about how you shipped them in cold weather??
    Sounds like a wacko person to me...
    You'll probably end up getting screwed... *sigh*

3. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    Well the sad part is from those I hear from I have had great reports (even shipping across the country). Can't say ALL the eggs i mail have been great but the reports I have had are good. They said they would leave 1 feedback and the other after they checked the eggs. Told them it's a risk with shipped eggs and they said they certain know the risk. [​IMG].

Brandon

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  4. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    Oh and after all the smart comments they were nice enough to add they hoped to do business in the future?

Brandon

5. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    It is people like this that makes me want to quit selling hatching eggs. I've bought alot of hatching eggs and I don't complain , I know the risks.

6. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    You know I have NEVER in the few years had trouble like this on BYC. Not trying to sound like a brown noser but honestly. There have been situations but never like ebay.

Brandon

P.S. Little Mom I love those bantam lavender ameraucana. If you were the one selling them a few weeks ago I almost got them. I just promised myself the bator stays off till after the 1st.

Brandon

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  7. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    I hope all work out well with this. I sometimes wonder if the problems people have on ebay come from "non-chicken" people purchasing on a whim. Here you pretty much know they signed up for chicken/fowl related issues/buying/selling/knowledge. Someone here would be laughed at for complaining about eggs feeling cold when they purchased them to ship in Decemeber...

8. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    Oh I just found the person on BYC oddly. Not hard to do a bit of searching around. I won't mention any names as hopefully they develop well and all will be good.

Brandon

9. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

When you have to sell to the public there is always someone like this. [​IMG]

10. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I dont think I would do business in the future with them..... Just my say

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by