Eco flex coops

Well it sounds like most think this is not a good purchase. I will just have to convince my husband to build something. Maybe even big enough for more than a couple more chickens. Haha

Well it sounds like most think this is not a good purchase. I will just have to convince my husband to build something. Maybe even big enough for more than a couple more chickens. Haha
Another alternative to building from scratch is to convert a shed or other appropriate outbuilding on your property into a coop and attach a large run to it.

Does anyone have experience with the Ecoflex coop? I am thinking of adding a couple more chickens thins spring and wondering if this would be a good choice. My husband made our last coop and I am trying not to bother him with another 😆 I could put this together myself. I am thinking of getting a couple Silkies for my daughter. I hear they don’t do well with ramps so I was thinking that this looks fairly low to the ground

https://www.homedepot.com/p/New-Age...67845?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US#overlay
I just got one of these for isolating my injured chickens, it's officially a chicken rehab facility.
I was impressed with how strong and sturdy it is. Much tougher, I would guess, than wood of the same thickness. I like that it is termite and rot proof. Every piece is numbered and instructions are thorough and easy to understand. Pieces lock together. It needed a few retrofits like adding extra latches, screwing down the floor panels, put mesh over the corners. The roosting bars are too skinny for standard size chickens. I put half a log in there for my current resident hen. It took a couple hours to assemble, kind of like Ikea furniture.....
T 2.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the pics, good to see one being assembled.
Might you need more ventilation?
How do you access for cleaning and such, does roof hinge open?
The roof does not hinge open. Roof panels can be removed by sliding out if you take out 2 screws. But I have PDZ in there, and just reach in the door with a litter scoop and scoop out any poop. It’s so tiny, it’s not hard to clean this way. Maybe in between patients, I will remove roof and hose it out if necessary.
This is pretty new to me, and I will update with any info on pros and cons that come up.

I was thinking more about easily handling the 'patient' if need be.
I haven’t tried it but it wouldn’t be hard to remove 2 screws and slide off a roof panel or two.
Ventilation, yes, it needs more. It just has 12 slits in the back and those corner openings in the floor. We have a bag of round soffit vents and will install some.
It was a solution for me, as we don’t have time to build another coop right now and I had a hen living in the basement in my broody buster cage. I imagine a lot of people are in that situation of needing something quick. But it wouldn’t hold more than 2 maybe 3 chickens if they really love each other. I am thinking it might be good for a mama and chicks this spring. The babies could go in and out easily.

Back
Top Bottom