Eczema Help

Long term use of steroids will thin the skin. Anti-histamine has no such effect as far as I know.

I occasionally get hives in the wet season here. A few days on ant-h tablets and it's all gone.

if it doesn't then it sounds like something i'd like to you use. thanks for the advice:).

whats thailand like? my fiance loves the asian looking houses. he says he want to build a house that looks like one and hes always talking about how he wants to go to japan.

Try it. No guarantee that it will work for you but there are no side effects. You can buy a cream too.

Thailand is warm, the rains are coming and life is very relaxed. Our house is concrete and steel with a tiled roof. Traditional houses are of wood but maintenance is high because of termites. Few people build those now because of the cost of law-protected hard wood but old houses are refurbished on new sites.

What style does your fiance like? Do you have a sample pic? I'll try to comment.

Japan is quite different from Thailand.

That looks like a Japaneses structure.

This is a traditional upmarket traditional Thai house, rarely seen now except in garden gazebo scale:

oh yeah back to the eczema. yesterday i was shopping at the grocery store and saw i think claratin im not sure, but it said it had an anti-histamine in it, can i take that? would the anti histamine in that work with the eczema, or is the anti-histamine you are talking about just like a straight anti histamine without anything mixed in with it?

The chemicals in most soaps can be very agitating to skin. Making your own soap from simple ingredients may help. Try Castle soap, as it's a simple soap, and the main ingredient in making other soaps if you try that. It's a bar, commonly sold, not hard to find. (Not sure where you live, but there must be a simple soap available) Most recipes for dish and laundry soap require a grated bar soap (the Castle or similar), washing soda, borax, water, and you can scent it with tea tree oil, which would also be good for your skin.

You can also try slathering on some organic, raw unfiltered honey. The label will say raw, but really it's minimally pasturized. It's very good for skin, and has healing properties. I use it for everything, burns, shaving rash, flare ups... it's good stuff.

I don't have the Eczema, but I do have sensitive skin that will flare up like a 14 year old on my face. Doctors were no help, they said I'd grow out of it (never did, unless I'm still a teenager at 30... possible!) and they wanted to put me on chemical pills with harsh side effects or birth control. So I fight it with natural products and try to stay away from chemical based stuff. I've since found out it's hormone based, so by controlling the hormones I control the flareups. Diet seems to trigger fluctuating hormones in my case. Fast food specifically.

Diet may or may not be a factor. Skin is the last organ to get nutrients. The brain, heart, lungs, etc get the nutrients first. So if you aren't eating enough nutritious foods, specifically vitamins E and A, your skin may not be getting what it needs. Think dark leafy greens, carrots, beets, whole grains (even just sprinkling Wheat Germ on Oatmeal), cucumbers and celery, and the fruits too, can't leave them out. Onions are really good for skin. Garlic too. The skin is the last place to show improvement when diet is changed, because the more important organs are getting it first. It can take over a week for change to happen. Better results after 3 weeks, and so on. Processed foods just don't have the nutrition of fresh foods or whole foods.

Healing the skin takes time, patience, and a commitment to which ever things you try. Be sure to give ample time to see improvement, because it won't be overnight. The honey may take away stinging within moments. You can sleep with gloves on for over night use, but I would use a cotton glove to keep air, a latex type glove won't have any airflow.

Prardon me for just jumping in----

Eczema is an auto immune reaction

Our SAD-- standard AMerican diet is a very bad for our bodies, most of use know it makes us obese but it also wrecks havoc at the celullar levels.

Dump all the crap__ chips, cookies, cakes, all the high carb and high fat combos, the white stuff like rice and potatos.

Fill up on: unbreaded chicken, or hambuger with the extras but drop the bun ( feed to chickens.lol they will love you for it)

Eat two salads aday -- about 2-3 cups total. Have a little dressing on it as the oils help the vitamins enter your bosy.

Find other vegies that are yummy, just because for of the high starch vegies like pumplin, sweet potatos-- be aware of portion sizes. Have half cup servings.

Add nuts and seeds, add mushrooms, add onions. All are great immunity boosters. ANd anti cancer foods.

My don had eczma, I have it and my mom psorisis. I can contol my ecczema and my son's , he's forgotten he is prone to it because he hasn't had a flare up since he was a toddler.

Many chemicals in our environment challenge our systems. I clean with vinegar instead of amoonia; I don't have wall to wall rugs. I'm trying to replace my furniture with leather couches, etc. A new tud out looks at dust in our houses as a challenge, mostly as it sserves as a vector moving contanimants from one item to another. ie a cookie falling on the floor, the dust on the rug has picked up chemical from a rug, particularly a new rug, and it gets on the cookie that is then eaten and enters the body.

Stress agrivates it too. Find calming exercises: exercise in general, yoga, meditaion. Find those ways that hlep you not go into a full blown emotional reaction. I learned to control my hot flashes thru not getting upset at things.

You have many options to try-- meds can help, but they mostlymask the problem. Try to find the sources and get that out of your life, and help your body deal with assault via a better diet. Good luck--- hope you get it under control quickly.

Back
Top Bottom