EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Quote: "Hey y'all....watch this"
lau.gif

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Chaos the euro mounts are so much cooler than mounting something that is to look alive, at least I think so, its a dead animal, although I love my stuffed critters here, I totally love a good euro mount!! and so simple to do and much more impact than a tax mount

FP26A7XHO7XDLG3.MEDIUM.jpg

364244f8bde18685e79c0457e28f8897.jpg

elk.jpg

3a0be919e8af4fce4831b54d74a9aaa0.jpg

You really love all this dead animals around you?
those are beautiful so yes I guess so!

Quote: Hey!

Quote: 8

5♀ 3♂

15267631_1218663608225787_6531034163640809095_n.jpg

Congrats!

-Kathy
ThanksKat! whats new?

Quote: No problem there, we don't eat the animal, but there is no problem at all to use, in any way the animal, or its parts. Mmmm maybe not for Woodu witchcraft
lau.gif

See this ULTRA ORTHODOX JEWISH Wearing their, funny traditional hats.

nice hats

@Jessimom , thanks for the links!

I have been having off and on issues with BYC and my internet service and lost a lot of quotes, so I lost a lot of what I wanted to respond to. Oh well, I'm sure it wasn't that important.
lol.png

I need to go cook some chicken soup in my pressure cooker - I'll be back if I don't fall asleep first!!!
th.gif

- Ant Farm

Im having anxiety a bout firing up the new bator, I have never done it before and don't want to screw it up! Why am I feeling this way. Is it the calibrations I am worried about? Is it the fact that the test run is going to drive me nuts, is it that I feel obligated to mother hen them and want to hover over the bator the entire time?

Tell me about your first incubation, how did it go? What would you have done differently? Were you nervous about getting started?

Thanks in advance for all your help in easing my mind! I just need to DO IT! LOL

Im having anxiety a bout firing up the new bator, I have never done it before and don't want to screw it up! Why am I feeling this way. Is it the calibrations I am worried about? Is it the fact that the test run is going to drive me nuts, is it that I feel obligated to mother hen them and want to hover over the bator the entire time?

Tell me about your first incubation, how did it go? What would you have done differently? Were you nervous about getting started?

Thanks in advance for all your help in easing my mind! I just need to DO IT! LOL

awwwww

hugs!!!!

Just make sure your holding steady temps even in the middle of the night, you know that a still air (no fan) needs higher temp than fan model
you know humidity is NOT a set number, its a tool to get the correct weight loss in the eggs.
You calibrated!!!!! YAYAYYAYA your a step ahead of my first incubation! lol
You put heat sinks in the bator to hold temps steadier?
you know shipped eggs need treated differently
You know the more you can turn the eggs the better!
Try not to let temps go under 99.5 or over 102.
Have a back up plan if you loose electric!
You have the notes section bookmarked correct?

LETS DO THIS!!!!!!

bun.gif

Quote: Every bit of info here was in an open tab:

Probably only half way though the tabs
sad.png

-Kathy

OMG glad someone is more crazy than me!

hey guy's n gals, ain't been talkin much, working on a new coop and couple of back water back woods things, meal worm bed kinda fell apart hot glue didn't hold, not sure how the crickets and worms will work out but hey gotta try if you don't try you don't learn, hope you all had a super thanks giving and hope for a great christmas, for those that don't do them, safety and peace, is what I pray for

Hi Silver!!! back at ya!!

@ChickenCanoe
@Akrnaf2

Tonight's dinner. Venison heart, mushrooms, onions and fresh duck eggs. Only salt and pepper for the heart, shrooms and onions. Chipotle pepper, salt, tumeric for the eggs.

looks good, I always pressure cook heart and make a gravy and mash taters, I love Brussels sprouts but its whatever the others will eat thats made lol
Not yet. Son had two lined up this evening, but we ran out of shooting light before a decent shot presented itself

Glad to see you back among us.
hugs.gif

Thanks Whites!
hugs.gif

Quote: HiDax! Only one litter so far, wasnt sure on the other girl, but I finally felt movement the other night, so fingers crossed all goes well with her.
I was going to ask you earlier if you know how to palpate; I see you do.
fl.gif

I do, but if you could explain it I would love to read about it yes??????

"Hey y'all....watch this"
lau.gif
Wait, Hold ma beer

@BantyChooks you catching all Kats links ?

Back
Top Bottom