EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Looky what I got yesterday!
wee.gif
I am soooooo eggcited!
ya.gif
But now I have to purge the eggs I started last week to get these in there
barnie.gif
I am broken in two about it, the bator my friend has doesn't have a turner right now, and I am not capable of hand turning them, and the eggs I placed last week wont be ready for lock down for another 10 days otherwise I could use her bator as the hatcher.... and these new eggs can't wait that long as the eldest ones were pulled on 2/18! At least the purged eggs wont go to waste! I will be giving them to my dogs to eat! They love eggs, fresh and warm so this shouldn't be any different than say Balut.....
sickbyc.gif

Looky what I got yesterday! :weee I am soooooo eggcited! :ya But now I have to purge the eggs I started last week to get these in there :barnie I am broken in two about it, the bator my friend has doesn't have a turner right now, and I am not capable of hand turning them, and the eggs I placed last week wont be ready for lock down for another 10 days otherwise I could use her bator as the hatcher.... and these new eggs can't wait that long as the eldest ones were pulled on 2/18! At least the purged eggs wont go to waste! I will be giving them to my dogs to eat! They love eggs, fresh and warm so this shouldn't be any different than say Balut..... :sick
Nice are they local?

Set 49 eggs today!

And my 9 one week olds are doing fantastic on their fermented chick feed!

That is a lot of eggs! Is that a homemade Bator? Also, do you manually turn them then or did you find something motor like to turn the rack? I am thinking a rotisserie turner thing, put a bumb or something there that has the ability to hit it just right so it triggers it into a tilt, then a timer to turn on/off rotisserie thing so when it turns on again in a few hours, it hits the bump back to the other direction for tilt!

Set 49 eggs today! And my 9 one week olds are doing fantastic on their fermented chick feed!
That is a lot of eggs! Is that a homemade Bator? Also, do you manually turn them then or did you find something motor like to turn the rack? I am thinking a rotisserie turner thing, put a bumb or something there that has the ability to hit it just right so it triggers it into a tilt, then a timer to turn on/off rotisserie thing so when it turns on again in a few hours, it hits the bump back to the other direction for tilt!
Yes, it is a homemade bator, with no lightbulb and a so-far 100% hatch rate ( only one hatch, though). I will hand turn them. There is not enough room in this one for a turner.

How were the air cells? They look like they survived the shipping from the outside.
The air cells, I can't tell if they are dry edged and mis-shapen or if that is something else in there~! But I see a "bubble" of air too. I have them setting on top of the bator, which has been running and nice n warm, sitting in their egg crate tilted, then I switch them about 2 times a day!~

Back
Top Bottom